"Nájera, cradle of kingdoms" Nájera by Aitana
Nájera Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 51 photos
Following the Way of St. James from Logroño to the West, we found Najera, which during the Middle Ages played an important role in the formation of the kingdoms of Navarra, Castile and Aragon.
Najerilla river crosses the village.
The most significant monument is the Monastery of Santa María la Real, where a number of kings were buried. The gothic church, the choir, the magnificent cloister and the Royal Pantheon make the monastery one of the jewels of the Way.
Abadía de San Salvador de Cañas, also called Monasterio de la Luz. This Cistercian Abbey was founded in the 12th... more travel advice
The choir of the Monastery is magnificent. It was made by Amutio brothers in 1493. For the decoration both religious... more travel advice
Aitana's Related Pages
Nájera Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Nájera
- 7 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Nájera?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nájera
- Posted in Travel Alicante Forum "Re: Bus to Alicante Golf?"
- Wrote a Review Cañas: Abadía de San Salvador de Cañas in Nájera Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cañas: Abadía de San Salvador de Cañas"
- Commented on one of tim76's Nájera travel pages
- created a Nájera Travel Page "Nájera, cradle of kingdoms"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alicante Intro, 54 reviews, 144 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galicia Intro, 31 reviews, 94 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuenca Intro, 34 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cluj-Napoca Intro, 21 reviews, 50 photos
- Teruel Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos
- Sighisoara Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baeza Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos
- Granada Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos
- Soria Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos
- Logroño Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos