"Rosas, Rhode" Rosas by Aitana
Rosas Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 36 photos
According to the great writter Josep Pla, Rosas offers the best twilight of the Empordà. He used to live in Mas de Llofriu, near Palafrugell, and knew well all the region. The dusk and twilight in Rosas are nice indeed.
Rosas or Roses is at the northern end of Roses Gulf, at the beginning of Creus Cape.
Rodhe was founded by Greek colonists. There are remains from the Greek and Roman periods.
The Citadel was built in the 16th century to prevent pirates' attacks.
Rosas is a good place to start a brief cruise around Creus Cape, visiting Cadaques and Port Lligat, where Salvador Dalí used to live.
Aitana's Related Pages
Rosas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Here for the food!"
- "Rosas (Catalunya: Roses)"
- "Jump !"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rosas
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Rosas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rosas
Photos in RosasSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alicante Intro, 51 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galicia Intro, 31 reviews, 94 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuenca Intro, 34 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cluj-Napoca Intro, 21 reviews, 50 photos
- Teruel Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos
- Sighisoara Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baeza Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos
- Granada Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos
- Soria Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos
- Logroño Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos