"Teruel, Mudéjar city" Teruel by Aitana
Teruel Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 102 photos
Teruel is 912 m above the sea level. The climate is continental with very cold winters and dry and hot summers. When watching the weather information on TV during the winter we usually hear that the minimum temperature has been recorded in Teruel. This harsh climate, however, helps to cure the delicious Iberian ham.
Many people has heard about the Lovers of Teruel (los amantes de Teruel), Isabel de Segura and Juan Diego de Marcilla. Their tragic love story took place in Teruel during the Middle Ages.
Teruel is known as the town of mudéjar since many buildings are designed in this style. The Mudéjar Architecture of Aragon is a World Heritage Site by the UNESCO.
Mudéjar as an architectural style emerged in the 12th century in Spain as a result of using elements and techniques of Islamic art in Romanesque or Gothic buildings. Mudéjar is exlusive of Iberia. It developed between 12th and 16th centuries, especially in Aragón.
I had passed a hundred times near Teruel but last Christmas we decided to stop and stay one day to visit the city.
- Pros:Everything within walking distance
The Highway A23, called Autovía Mudéjar, connects Teruel with Valencia (via Sagunto) and Zaragoza. Since it is in... more travel advice
The Arches Aqueduct is one of the most important engineering works of the Spanish Renaissance building which was made in... more travel advice
Aitana's Related Pages
Teruel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Teruel, Mudéjar city"
- "¡Teruel Existe!"
- "The "Mudéjar" city"
- "Yes, Teruel Exists!"
- "Teruel Existe! ... or Teruel does exist!"
- "Mudejar Architecture of Teruel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Teruel
- Hotels in Teruel
- Transportation in Teruel
- Restaurants in Teruel
- Warnings and Dangers in Teruel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Teruel
- 18 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Teruel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Teruel
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alicante Intro, 54 reviews, 144 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galicia Intro, 31 reviews, 94 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuenca Intro, 34 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cluj-Napoca Intro, 21 reviews, 50 photos
- Teruel Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos
- Sighisoara Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baeza Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos
- Logroño Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos
- Granada Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos
- Soria Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos