"Napoli" Naples by Aitana
Naples Travel Guide: 1,320 reviews and 3,420 photos
Napoli was the last stopover of our cruise, after leaving Piraeus.
We took the train to visit Pompeii first, leaving the remaining time before the departure for the city.
We walked around some popular neighborhoods, saw the shops where figurines and Nativity scenes are sold, Gesu Novo church, Castelnuovo and Galleria Umberto I. Just a quick impression, not enough for this city.
This time we dedicated all the day to Naples. First of all we took the funicular and went to Castel de Sant Elmo from where we had an excellent panoramic of the city.
The National Archaeological Museum, recommended by other VTers, was our next destination. It is really a must in Naples. The magnificent collection of sculptures and the mosaics are really outstanding.
The day of our visit was August 15, an important festivity for the Catholics, and unfortunately many of the churches we wanted to visit were closed.
We were wandering around the streets of Naples in the hottest hours of the day, and we were literally melting, so we decided to go back to the port. Then, we found a nice restaurant on our way and stopped to have lunch, which was very good indeed, and we became reconciled to the city.
Aitana's Related Pages
Naples Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "guide to the hidden Naples"
- "Benvenuti a Napoli!!"
- "A city in perpetual motion"
- "NAPLES – the treasure of Campania!!!"
- "Naples....Sun, Aromas and Tastes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Naples
- Hotels in Naples
- Transportation in Naples
- Nightlife in Naples
- Restaurants in Naples
- Shopping in Naples
- Warnings and Dangers in Naples
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Naples
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Naples?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Naples
Photos in NaplesSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alicante Intro, 54 reviews, 144 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galicia Intro, 31 reviews, 94 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuenca Intro, 34 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cluj-Napoca Intro, 21 reviews, 50 photos
- Teruel Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos
- Sighisoara Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baeza Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos
- Logroño Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos
- Granada Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos
- Soria Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos