"Lake Windermere" Top 5 Page for this destination Cumbria by Jannice48
Cumbria Travel Guide: 1,179 reviews and 3,113 photos
When my Son Steven and his fiancee Vicci decided to get married in the Lake District in August 2006 instead of New Zealand we were all over the moon that we could share this wonderful occasion with them. They chose the beautiful location of Windermere for their special day. The last time I was in the Lake District has got to be over twenty years ago but everything was just as I remembered it. Ambleside is an ideal place to stay when visiting the Lakes, it has plenty of restaurants, cafes and pubs and also has a small shopping centre. Ambleside does get very busy during the weekends and summertime. Steven and Vicci chose the Lake District as it was where they had their first holiday together and they fell in love with the area and have been regular visitors there ever since. We all stayed at the Langdale Chase Hotel and this picture was taken from outside the room where we stayed for two nights
This is Steven and Vicci as Husband and Wife taken on the jetty looking out at Lake Windermere outside Langdale Chase Hotel. As you can see the sun was shining if a bit cloudy but we were lucky as the Lake District is renowned for raining incessantly and we only had one shower in the late afternoon.
After a lovely memorable day we all sat on the terrace sipping champagne watching the sun go down
- Pros:Beautiful Lakes, spectacular views and relaxing
- Cons:None that I can think of
- In a nutshell:An area of outstanding natural beauty
Jannice48's Related Pages
Cumbria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wasdale -- " My Back Yard " !!!"
- "My County"
- "Where I Live....."
- "Ulverston, Cumbria"
- "Lake Windermere"
- "The Lake District, Cumbria, England"
- "Cumbria (and the Lake District)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cumbria
- Hotels in Cumbria
- Transportation in Cumbria
- Nightlife in Cumbria
- Restaurants in Cumbria
- Shopping in Cumbria
- Warnings and Dangers in Cumbria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cumbria
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Cumbria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cumbria
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skiathos Intro, 16 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Cefalonia Intro, 14 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northumberland Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Samos Intro, 9 reviews, 30 photos
- Skopelos Intro, 9 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wolverhampton Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lefkas Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Calpe Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Madeira Island Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cumbria Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos