"Trencin" Top 5 Page for this destination Trencin by elPierro
Trencin Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 201 photos
Founded in 179 AD, the town of Trencin is very old. Though remainings are hard to find (you can go in Hotel Tatra and ask to view the roman carvings in the rocks behind the hotel) it's a pleasant old town. Mostly with a medieval influence due to the old citysquare and the impressive castle.
Trencin is certainly not a tourist hotspot. Mainly Slovakians come here for a relaxing day, and tourist facilities are available. But it's certainly not overrun and makes Trencin a good real Slovakian town to have a look at.
Trencin is not located in the high Tatra mountains but just at the spot where hills slowly start changing into low mountains.
The 16th century Town Gate with clocktower can be found at the end of the square. more travel advice
The castle of Trencin is perched on top of a rocky hill. Entrance is not free but includes a tour and offers you a... more travel advice
elPierro's Related Pages
Trencin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Trencin - small old town, huge castle"
- "Trencin Castle"
- "Home of the famous medieval Count Máté Csák"
- "Welcome to TRENCIN (TRENTSCHIN)"
- "The Historical Trencin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trencin
- Hotels in Trencin
- Transportation in Trencin
- Nightlife in Trencin
- Restaurants in Trencin
- Warnings and Dangers in Trencin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trencin
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Trencin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trencin
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 24 reviews, 29 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 21 reviews, 17 photos
- Riga Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Roermond Intro, 21 reviews, 10 photos
- Seoul Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Madrid Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Budapest Intro, 14 reviews, 11 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 14 reviews, 10 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos