"Norway" Norway by elPierro
Norway Travel Guide: 10,625 reviews and 29,990 photos
Norway, one of the most beautiful countries I have visited so far. The large country makes you forget that Europe is so densely populated.
Vast forests, mountains, waterfalls, glaciers, wildlife and a lot of water as well is what Norway looks like. A creature of dramatic environmental sceneries like you have seen in pictures, clear blue water, green grass and wild flowers alongside roads are all present.
Norway is very well developped, as a result of that it's a pretty expensive country as well.
The summers are not that cold, temperatures rise easily above the 20 degrees celsius, and not to forget that the sun is always present around june. In the south it's only dark for about 4 hours. This is realyl a majestic feeling and Norwegians are drawn out of their houses to sit outside enjoy every bit of sunlight. Just take a stroll through a park and watch all people having a barbeque, sunbathing in the grass as soon as the temps are anywhere near "warm". In the winter it's freezing cold though, but unlike the Alps you have got good snow all the time, and though it's dark a lot, the white snow reflects in the sky, making everything darkblue instead of pitchblack.
1. Take the train from Oslo to Bergen, the 8hr ride is stunning. The railline crosses a mountainplateau 1200m high. It's winter here all year, with frozen lakes, snow everywhere and Europe's largest glacier. On the decent you will get back in the green hills, with clearblue lakes and numerous waterfalls.
2. Visit Bergen, It's very wet all year around, not that strange if you see that the mountains and fjords keep all the rainy clouds from the oceans above the city, but once the sun pops through it's very enjoyable.
3. Visit Oslo, personally my most favourite city I have visited, but the opinions on this are very different. Though Oslo is quite small, it's very enjoyable and incredibly laidback
4. Go see the nature, every part of Norway has good scenery to offer on which you can take thousands of pictures.
5. Go up north and experience what it's like to the sun still shine at night, or the moon still shine at day.
- Norwegians are addicted to Hotdogs, they are the cheapest source of food you can get it basically everywhere. The average Norwegian consumes more hotdogs than any American.
- Everything else is expensive in Norway, the cost of living is simply higher.
- The legend of Norwegian girls is true.
- Grass in the park is used to walk/sit/barbeque/sport on. Only tourists bother to walk on the pathways.
elPierro's Related Pages
Norway Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "By HURTIGRUTEN through Norway"
- "great landscapes and more !"
- "Norway: The fjords land"
- "Norway - the nature in its purest form"
- "Saagar's Norway pages"
- "Trip to Urnes and Bergen"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Norway
- Hotels in Norway
- Transportation in Norway
- Nightlife in Norway
- Restaurants in Norway
- Shopping in Norway
- Warnings and Dangers in Norway
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Norway
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Norway?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Norway
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 24 reviews, 29 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 21 reviews, 17 photos
- Riga Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Roermond Intro, 21 reviews, 10 photos
- Seoul Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Madrid Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Budapest Intro, 14 reviews, 11 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 14 reviews, 10 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
Top Norway hotels
- Oslo Hotels
- 2963 Reviews - 7173 Photos
- Bergen Hotels
- 937 Reviews - 2365 Photos
- Trondheim Hotels
- 350 Reviews - 1014 Photos
- Stavanger Hotels
- 298 Reviews - 973 Photos
- Kristiansand Hotels
- 54 Reviews - 198 Photos
- Honningsvåg Hotels
- 53 Reviews - 163 Photos
- Ålesund Hotels
- 170 Reviews - 544 Photos
- Kirkenes Hotels
- 41 Reviews - 92 Photos
- Narvik Hotels
- 100 Reviews - 271 Photos
- Tromsø Hotels
- 236 Reviews - 580 Photos
- Flåm Hotels
- 128 Reviews - 334 Photos
- Røros Hotels
- 43 Reviews - 159 Photos
- Geiranger Hotels
- 165 Reviews - 474 Photos
- Kløfta Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Mo i Rana Hotels
- 11 Reviews - 29 Photos