""Everyone knew we were going away in the Spring."" Jeffandnorah's Profile

Harrisburg

This is the view from our apartment in Harrisburg. We live right across the street from Riverfront Park and the Susquehanna River. The Susquehanna has to be one of the most beautiful rivers to flow through a major city anywhere in the world. With all its islands and the slow current, it has more the feel of a lake than a river. It is a shallow river and in the summer it is filled with flat-bottomed pontoon boats, lazily cruising in and out of the islands, sometimes docking on one. There is a whole subculture to the pontoon boat people. They have figured out treasure of Harrisburg--the Susquehanna!

The park is a great place to laze around on a blanket, play frisbee, run, rollerblade or walk....Completely accessible. Any day of the year you can find people here .

Us on a blanket, in the grass, at the base of a tree in Riverfront Park. The park really is a great place that, in my opinion, is under-utilized. But that's ok, we utilize it.

View North, up the Susquehanna River

It is even hard for me to believe, looking at this photo of the river, that I am standing in a city while taking this picture.

• Intro Updated Sep 15, 2005

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2008 at 4:06 AM

Amazing, five years! Anyhow, now we've established contact it was great to hear from you. I'm off to London, Paris and Germany next month and just finishing a trip to Tasmania. Will check out your pages later. Cheers.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2006 at 12:17 AM

Thanks for visiting... we were on a cruise ship, so we stayed on the floating boat :)

• Aug 12, 2005 at 2:44 AM

Thank you for the mail, Jeff. Yes, we are living permanently in Italy. You guys have such cute pictures together, very American sweetheart type.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Jeffandnorah's Profile Photo

Jeffandnorah

“My father says, the only perfect view is that of the sky over our heads. - from A Room with a View”

Ranked Member