"Many visitors' first taste of Laos" Ban Pak Beng by steevie_wanders
Ban Pak Beng Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 119 photos
A village that's grown out of the slowboat stop-over, between Luang Prabang and Huay Xai, on the Thai border. Accomodation a-plenty, and most other things available on the street - delicious foods, drinks, opium, marijuana, jungle foods including squirrel and rat!
Also a beautiful place to watch the mists rising slowly up from the Mekong as the sun peeps over the high forested hills.
steevie_wanders' Related Pages
Ban Pak Beng Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pak Beng: Rats, Opium and simplicity"
- "Mekong in Pak Beng"
- "informally yours, packbeng"
- "Overnight Stop on the Slowboat"
- "Overnight stop on the slowboat to Luang Prabang"
- "Photos of Pakbeng"
- "Pak Beng on Mekong"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ban Pak Beng
- Hotels in Ban Pak Beng
- Transportation in Ban Pak Beng
- Restaurants in Ban Pak Beng
- Shopping in Ban Pak Beng
- Warnings and Dangers in Ban Pak Beng
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ban Pak Beng
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Ban Pak Beng?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ban Pak Beng
Top 10 Pages
- Vietnam Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Don Khong Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos
- Scheffau am Wilden Kaiser Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Muang Sing Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Pulau Siau Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Ko Tao Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Morocco Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Kampong Saom Intro, 3 photos
- Khoueng Oudomxai Intro, 3 photos