"Travel - one of the best things you can do!" steevie_wanders's Profile

New Government Warning - Travel can be addictive

I think 'Travel' should be given a government health warning, something along the lines of, 'Warning, travel can have long term happiness benefits, and can lead to strong feelings of wander lust. Symptoms can include: Itchy feet, nomadism, errantism, roving, rambling, vagrancy and wandering. Also: glazed over vision, obsessive atlas reading, a compulsive need to leave home. Try it at your peril!'.
Or something like that :-)

Welcome to my pages, which are very slowly growing. I'm afraid my enthusiasm for travel is greater than that for spending hours toiling over a hot keyboard! But it's a great way to record your personal images and memories, and also share them with like minded people, so I shall persevere! I have found the VT site very useful on several occasions, especially the forum, where several helpful people have given me much pre-trip information.

There is truly nowhere in the world I wouldn't like to visit. I love visiting cities for their vibrancy, colour, and life, but it doesn't take long before my longing for the wilderness kicks in. Be it ocean, islands, mountains, plains, I like to get back to nature. I really need to see some Deserts!

Reading the exploits of early 20th Century explorer, Wilfred Thesiger is very inspiring. He travelled widely, living with indigenous peoples, sometimes for many months or years, adapting to their way of life, and gaining the ultimate insight. A must-read for anyone who loves the wildnerness, and the people who live there. So many places to see, so little time!
Next on my list? Nepal and India. And more of Indonesia, and Myanmar and back to Laos and Vietnam and also Central and South America and Ethiopia and...and.. and...! :) I'm always looking to hear about great places to visit, so please leave me a comment or email if you're enthusiastic about somewhere special. I don't know where or when the next trip will be, but maybe i'll need a travel buddy or two - any suggestions!!??

Beautiful Snowdonia

I currently live in the Snowdonia National Park, in North Wales. It is an area of stunning mountain scenery, cute villages as well as having a coastline of delightful beaches, and dramatic bays.
The range of outdoor activities available there is fantastic. I am a regular walker in Snowdonia, occasional rock climber, and very occasional snowboarder. The latter relies on plenty of snow, which is a rather unpredictable factor on these hills, given their proximity to the coast.

My Board, Beatrice

A lot of people give inanimate objects human names, and this can seem rather silly and strange. But when you go through thick and thin with something, and which can change/save/ruin your life, then it's easy to develop a (mentally sound and healthy!) realtionship with it.

My board is called Beatrice, after Beatrice Dalle, because she is tall, dark, French, sexy, and a bit crazy, just like the actress..

• Intro Updated May 19, 2007

Personal Pages (1)

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2013 at 4:52 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• santeria01's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2011 at 4:11 AM

Better late than never. Happy Birthday!

• a2lopes's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Hi Steve. Happy Birthday and many happy returns of the day. Greetings from Lisbon which is waiting for your visit

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2008 at 4:03 AM

Hi great to come across your pages today - love the ID name too - but your Morocco page is a bit scarce and yr fans are in need of a bit of work there to see some of your pics and so on!Your Dades by bike is a great start though!All the best.

• sorcieus's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2007 at 8:51 AM

hey Steve, I think camera is one of the most important thing to bring when you are traveling, second to your passport :-)

• angelochka's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2007 at 7:49 AM

HI! thanks for comment, in fact i'm also not so sure to remember in morning abt wine i enjoyed earlier:) but sometimes i'm taking empty bottles with me..i dont care if it's heavy or doesnt fit into my bag:) have g'evening! Angela

• traveloturc's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2007 at 6:26 AM

Hi Steve ,thanks a lot for your comments on my home page ,hope to see you sometimes ,somewhere in this part of the world...Unfortunately I am still planning my trip..

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2007 at 2:46 PM

Happy Birthday Steevie! Enjoy!

• Propermark's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2007 at 6:04 AM

Thx to u too! I hope to go to th UK too lol :)) Have a nice day.

• Homanded's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2007 at 5:20 PM

Thank you Steve, for visiting our China pages. It truly IS an incredible place. We hope to get to Viet Nam soon. Gest regards, Homer

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!