"Travel - one of the best things you can do!" steevie_wanders's Profile
I think 'Travel' should be given a government health warning, something along the lines of, 'Warning, travel can have long term happiness benefits, and can lead to strong feelings of wander lust. Symptoms can include: Itchy feet, nomadism, errantism, roving, rambling, vagrancy and wandering. Also: glazed over vision, obsessive atlas reading, a compulsive need to leave home. Try it at your peril!'.
Or something like that :-)
Welcome to my pages, which are very slowly growing. I'm afraid my enthusiasm for travel is greater than that for spending hours toiling over a hot keyboard! But it's a great way to record your personal images and memories, and also share them with like minded people, so I shall persevere! I have found the VT site very useful on several occasions, especially the forum, where several helpful people have given me much pre-trip information.
There is truly nowhere in the world I wouldn't like to visit. I love visiting cities for their vibrancy, colour, and life, but it doesn't take long before my longing for the wilderness kicks in. Be it ocean, islands, mountains, plains, I like to get back to nature. I really need to see some Deserts!
Reading the exploits of early 20th Century explorer, Wilfred Thesiger is very inspiring. He travelled widely, living with indigenous peoples, sometimes for many months or years, adapting to their way of life, and gaining the ultimate insight. A must-read for anyone who loves the wildnerness, and the people who live there. So many places to see, so little time!
Next on my list? Nepal and India. And more of Indonesia, and Myanmar and back to Laos and Vietnam and also Central and South America and Ethiopia and...and.. and...! :) I'm always looking to hear about great places to visit, so please leave me a comment or email if you're enthusiastic about somewhere special. I don't know where or when the next trip will be, but maybe i'll need a travel buddy or two - any suggestions!!??
I currently live in the Snowdonia National Park, in North Wales. It is an area of stunning mountain scenery, cute villages as well as having a coastline of delightful beaches, and dramatic bays.
The range of outdoor activities available there is fantastic. I am a regular walker in Snowdonia, occasional rock climber, and very occasional snowboarder. The latter relies on plenty of snow, which is a rather unpredictable factor on these hills, given their proximity to the coast.
A lot of people give inanimate objects human names, and this can seem rather silly and strange. But when you go through thick and thin with something, and which can change/save/ruin your life, then it's easy to develop a (mentally sound and healthy!) realtionship with it.
My board is called Beatrice, after Beatrice Dalle, because she is tall, dark, French, sexy, and a bit crazy, just like the actress..
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 55 Reviews
- 115 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- steevie_wanders and 2_lovelygirls_FR are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Andalucía Forum "Re: What to do with ten days in..."
- Commented on a2lopes's profile page
- Wrote a Review Egypt from EU. Passport requirements.. in Egypt Favorites
updated their Profile Page "Travel - one of the best things you can do!"
- created a Morocco Travel Page "Kasbahs and Souks"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Kasbahs and Souks"
PhotosSee All Photos (115)
Top 10 Pages
- Vietnam Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Don Khong Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos
- Scheffau am Wilden Kaiser Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Muang Sing Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Pulau Siau Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Ko Tao Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Morocco Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Kampong Saom Intro, 3 photos
- Khoueng Oudomxai Intro, 3 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22471 Reviews - 55005 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3096 Reviews - 5870 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos