"Kyoto Charms" Kyoto by Restless-in-kl
Kyoto Travel Guide: 1,940 reviews and 6,248 photos
I love Kyoto, I really do. To me, it's better than bustling Tokyo. Kyoto is charming, small enough to see it all and lotsa space so you don't feel cramped in.
If you're into ancient history and culture, you have come to the right place. Kyoto is all about temples, shrines, interesting architecture, great food and friendly people.
In this page, you will find all the must-see places and restaurant to savour. Kyoto is a good base for day trips outside, and its accommodation in ryokans are unique.
My most enduring memory of Kyoto is really the geishas/maikos. It's like stepping through time to truly appreciate Kyoto.
In Kyoto, we met new friends from VT. It's so amazing to meet Ayurin, her husband Hiroyuki, her mother Takako and fellow VTer Shahed. One email is all it took for this gathering to happen.
We certainly had fun and glorious Japanese food on our first night in Kyoto. Thanks Ayurin for your warm hospitality. Looking forward to seeing you and your family again, this time in Malaysia. Come diving with us!
It's true what they say about camera-toting tourists. But here in Japan, you'll find the most willing subjects who will pose for your pix. It's amusing and wonderful to see such pictures once you come home
- Pros:Warm hospitality, rich culture & charming ancient city
- Cons:Be prepared with language barrier
- In a nutshell:City of temples
Nishiri Market is like a bazaar that sells mainly clothing items. Set in a covered pedestrian mall, Nishiri Market... more travel advice
To me, Arashiyama is a lovely outdoor park, perfect for all seasons. I was told that autumn was the best time to visit... more travel advice
Restless-in-kl's Related Pages
Kyoto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kyoto is a must see for every tourist in Japan!"
- "Cultural Capital Kyoto"
- "WORLD OF ITS OWN (Kyoto,Nara,Osaka,Himeji & Kobe)"
- "KYOTO - THE HEART OF JAPAN"
- "City of two thousand shrines"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kyoto
- Hotels in Kyoto
- Transportation in Kyoto
- Nightlife in Kyoto
- Restaurants in Kyoto
- Shopping in Kyoto
- Warnings and Dangers in Kyoto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kyoto
- 20 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Kyoto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kyoto
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 37 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Maldives Intro, 11 reviews, 76 photos, 7 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 20 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Eureka Springs Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Menjangan Intro, 6 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Galera Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manado Intro, 3 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Takayama Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues