"Taking it slow in Takayama" Top 5 Page for this destination Takayama by Restless-in-kl
Takayama Travel Guide: 182 reviews and 672 photos
As we pulled up into Takayama from our train, there is a sense of rejuvenation, peace and serenity that envelopes us. Situated in the Japan Alps, Takayama oozes tranquility, freshness and allows you to live life at your own pace.
Takayama is small enough to walk around. It contains old streets and builbings that are remarkbly untouched by the passage of time. No wonder it's referred to as Little Kyoto with its shrines and old parts of town.
With such gorgeous scenery and fresh mountain air, Takayama is a place to get away from it all
- Pros:Leisurely pace, clean fresh air and friendly people
- Cons:Not for people who need a night life
- In a nutshell:Timelessness of Takayama
Very interesting street amoidst old private houses where some have been converted to become shops or restaurants. Shops... more travel advice
Takayama's main attraction is its old merchants' houses, which are clustered together in San-machi Suji on three narrow... more travel advice
Written Jan 2, 2006
The traditional houses of Hida No Sato
Written Jan 11, 2006
Old Private Houses
Restless-in-kl's Related Pages
Takayama Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charming mountain town"
- "Historic Castle Town of Takayama"
- "TAKAYAMA - traditional village in the clouds"
- "Taking it slow in Takayama"
- "TAKAYAMA THE CITY OF THE BEST 3 MATSURI IN JAPAN"
- " Takayama "
- See All...
- Things to Do in Takayama
- Hotels in Takayama
- Transportation in Takayama
- Nightlife in Takayama
- Restaurants in Takayama
- Shopping in Takayama
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Takayama
- 12 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Takayama?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Takayama
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 37 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Maldives Intro, 11 reviews, 76 photos, 7 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 20 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Eureka Springs Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Menjangan Intro, 6 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Galera Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manado Intro, 3 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Takayama Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues