"Carthage Stopover" Carthage by Restless-in-kl
Carthage Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 32 photos
Located in the Ozark Mountain region of Missouri where fertile prairies to the north meet timbered Ozark uplands to the south, Carthage has experienced more than 160 years of history.
This is where the Battle of Carthage during the Civil War took place. And this is where we stopped for meals during our journey to Eureka Springs, Arkansas and on the way back to Kansas City.
Picture below is the courthouse located in the middle of Carthage town square.
The square is where the action take place in Carthage as most shops and restaurants are located here.
I've turned this photo into B&W to see if it can capture a bit of its old town charm. What do you think???
- Pros:Small quaint town
- Cons:A little too quiet
- In a nutshell:Nice place to stretch your legs
Park your car and walk around this small town square. Visit the little shops found here for antiques and gifts to bring... more travel advice
Restless-in-kl's Related Pages
Carthage Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "brdwtchr's new Carthage Page"
- "K.C.'s PRECIOUS MOMENTS VISIT"
- "Carthage, Missouri"
- "Carthage Stopover"
- "TheFish's Carthage Page"
- "Precious Moments Wedding Chapel in Carthage"
- "Precious Moments"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Carthage
- Hotels in Carthage
- Nightlife in Carthage
- Restaurants in Carthage
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Carthage
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Carthage?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Carthage
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 37 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Maldives Intro, 11 reviews, 76 photos, 7 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 20 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Eureka Springs Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Menjangan Intro, 6 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Galera Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manado Intro, 3 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Takayama Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues