"Keeping it together in Kansas City" Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City by Restless-in-kl
Kansas City Travel Guide: 93 reviews and 171 photos
This is where both my brothers' have called home for a few years now. All my 3 nieces are born here with the newest arrival in Aug'07.
The neighbourhood of Shawnee Mission is a nice place to raise a family. Kansas City being a flat state, all you see is whide, open places dotted by farmland, lakes and trees.
Lots of clean, fresh air here I must say which I completely enjoy when I take walks around the neighbourhood.
All my trips to Kansas City have always been marked by great lunches and dinners as these are perfect venues for reunions with family and friends whom I only see one a year.
Then of course, there's the shopping as I always find that I'm ill-prepared for the harsh cold winters here. Maybe it's just my excuse to go shopping!
As this was my first autumn visit, my friend Lauren suggested we visit Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens. With the crazy weather that we have been experiencing, even in early Oct, the temperature was too warm for the leaves to change colour.
Nonetheless, the gardens were beautiful and well-worth a visit.
Located in the midwest, Kansas City is a great place to start a roadtrip towards any direction.
So far, we have been to Colorado Springs and South Dakota. In 2007, my friend Lauren, her husband Chun and I decided to explore Arkansas targeting Eureka Springs with a stopover in Carthage, Missouri.
- Pros:Relaxed family time
- Cons:Too flat for my liking
- In a nutshell:This is where my family reunions are made
For something upscale, open-air and beautifully decorated with lights especially during Christmas, head on to Town... more travel advice
This sprawling shopping paradise is quite new in Kansas City having opened in 2006. It's the place to go for some outlet... more travel advice
Restless-in-kl's Related Pages
Kansas City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kansas City, Kansas - Not to be Confused with ..."
- "Kansas City, Kansas"
- "Leaving Kansas City at sunset"
- "Keeping it together in Kansas City"
- "Rainy Kansas City"
- "brdwtchr's new Kansas City Page"
- "Nomad_2001's Kansas City Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kansas City
- Hotels in Kansas City
- Transportation in Kansas City
- Nightlife in Kansas City
- Restaurants in Kansas City
- Shopping in Kansas City
- Warnings and Dangers in Kansas City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kansas City
- 8 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Kansas City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kansas City
Photos in Kansas CitySee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 37 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Maldives Intro, 11 reviews, 76 photos, 7 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 20 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Eureka Springs Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Menjangan Intro, 6 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Galera Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manado Intro, 3 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Takayama Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues