"Keeping it together in Kansas City" Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City by Restless-in-kl

Kansas City Travel Guide: 86 reviews and 140 photos

Home sweet home

This is where both my brothers' have called home for a few years now. All my 3 nieces are born here with the newest arrival in Aug'07.

The neighbourhood of Shawnee Mission is a nice place to raise a family. Kansas City being a flat state, all you see is whide, open places dotted by farmland, lakes and trees.

Lots of clean, fresh air here I must say which I completely enjoy when I take walks around the neighbourhood.

Taking in the sights and sounds

All my trips to Kansas City have always been marked by great lunches and dinners as these are perfect venues for reunions with family and friends whom I only see one a year.

Then of course, there's the shopping as I always find that I'm ill-prepared for the harsh cold winters here. Maybe it's just my excuse to go shopping!

As this was my first autumn visit, my friend Lauren suggested we visit Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens. With the crazy weather that we have been experiencing, even in early Oct, the temperature was too warm for the leaves to change colour.

Nonetheless, the gardens were beautiful and well-worth a visit.

Roadtrips from Kansas City

Located in the midwest, Kansas City is a great place to start a roadtrip towards any direction.

So far, we have been to Colorado Springs and South Dakota. In 2007, my friend Lauren, her husband Chun and I decided to explore Arkansas targeting Eureka Springs with a stopover in Carthage, Missouri.

• Pros:Relaxed family time
  • Cons:Too flat for my liking
  • In a nutshell:This is where my family reunions are made
  • Last visit to Kansas City: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Dec 2, 2007

Comments

Restless-in-kl Visits Here Frequently!

Restless-in-kl

“Love life!”

Badges & Stats in Kansas City

Have you been to Kansas City?

Latest Activity in Kansas City