"Sweet dreams are made of these" Maldives by Restless-in-kl

Maldives Travel Guide: 1,549 reviews and 5,423 photos

Maldives - before the tsunami

Maldives - dreamy islands with swaying palm trees, soft powdery white sand, clear warm waters and bright sunny weather.

When the plane landed in Male, the capital, I was disappointed. Where are my dreamy islands?

Went to sleep in Male and woke up to take a boat to my island. And you know what? I was thrilled. It's everything that I've dreamt of and more.

2nd visit - after the tsunami (March 2006)

I knew I will return to Maldives and to ensure that I go diving this time. Instead of staying at an island resort like the 1st time, decided to join a dive safari and truly splashed out on the MV Manthiri safari boat, my floating hotel for 9 sweet days!

It was an experience to remember with fabulous diving, great company and my birthday to celebrate in style (got my own cake, homemade no less from the boat kitchen, visiting local islands and sipping margarita, wine and champagne!!!)

Will there more visits? Most definitely! I'm now on my 4th visit in Sept 2007 :-)

My favourite photo subject - Manta Rays :-)

A trip to the Maldives would not be complete without an encounter with these gentle giants of the sea. Manta rays are totally beautiful, graceful and curious.

My most memorable experience is when they glided over me so close that their underbelly rubbed against my head!

And each trip gets better every time. During my last trip in Sept 2007, we experienced an insane dive where there were at least 50 mantas and a whale shark who came to check things out!

See the videos on YouTube : http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=restlessinkl

• Pros:Beautiful beaches, great tan and diving
  • Cons:Expensive, not allowed to bring your own booze
  • In a nutshell:Go when you want to experience the thrill of diving
  • Last visit to Maldives: Aug 2008
  • Intro Updated Oct 11, 2008

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2008 at 7:49 AM

Great tips Jennie!

• Vulindlela's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2007 at 11:28 PM

Wow, I love this page! I wish it was easier for us to get there. Thank you for those great tips.

• AyurinHiro's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2006 at 9:48 AM

Wow, you had a great time in Maldives! Beautiful sceneries and lovely fish, crab ....!

• chiabh's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2006 at 2:58 PM

hi jennie... nice photos and write-up... how are things... haven't seen you for some time... regards.chia

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2006 at 12:59 PM

You can get alcohol in if you know how. Let me know if your are going back.

Restless-in-kl Visits Here Frequently!

Restless-in-kl

“Love life!”

Badges & Stats in Maldives

Have you been to Maldives?

Latest Activity in Maldives