"Wakatobi - Hidden Gem of Sulawesi Tenggara" South-East Sulawesi Province by Restless-in-kl
South-East Sulawesi Province Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 74 photos
This is the place to be if you're tired of the big, weary world. I have spent many wonderful evenings sitting out here at the Jetty Bar of Wakatobi Dive Resort enjoying the sunset, the stars and company of friends with a drink or two in my hand.
For miles and miles across the horizon, you can't see any lights with the exception of the moon and the stars above you. This is where I want to be to escape the stress, to forget my worries and rediscover how wonderful life is all over again.
This is Wakatobi Dive Resort, the only dive operator in the vicinity of +800km, Southeast Sulawesi. Truly a hidden paradise waiting to be discovered.
Visit www.wakatobi.com for details of this resort and its liveaboard on MV Pelagian. I won't be providing any tips but will include stories and info within my Travelogue.
All I can say is this is the place I would come back again and again.
The resort is amazing and so is its underwater world. The house reef is superb especially for night dives and if you are interested to catch the Wakatobi Express aka drift dive :-)
Its huge diversity of marine life, the healthiest hard corals I have ever seen, the most organised dive operation and fun dive crew makes it all worth while to take half a day to get here!
Underwater residents are featured in my Travelogue.
- Pros:Beautiful, remote and peaceful
- Cons:Expensive and far
- In a nutshell:Wakatobi - my hidden paradise
Restless-in-kl's Related Pages
South-East Sulawesi Province Travel Guide
- Things to Do in South-East Sulawesi Province
- Hotels in South-East Sulawesi Province
- Transportation in South-East Sulawesi Province
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in South-East Sulawesi Province
- 0 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to South-East Sulawesi Province?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South-East Sulawesi Province
Photos in South-East Sulawesi ProvinceSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 37 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Maldives Intro, 11 reviews, 76 photos, 7 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 20 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Eureka Springs Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Menjangan Intro, 6 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Galera Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manado Intro, 3 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Takayama Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues