"Wakatobi - Hidden Gem of Sulawesi Tenggara" South-East Sulawesi Province by Restless-in-kl

Get away from it all

This is the place to be if you're tired of the big, weary world. I have spent many wonderful evenings sitting out here at the Jetty Bar of Wakatobi Dive Resort enjoying the sunset, the stars and company of friends with a drink or two in my hand.

For miles and miles across the horizon, you can't see any lights with the exception of the moon and the stars above you. This is where I want to be to escape the stress, to forget my worries and rediscover how wonderful life is all over again.

Welcome to Wakatobi Dive Resort

This is Wakatobi Dive Resort, the only dive operator in the vicinity of +800km, Southeast Sulawesi. Truly a hidden paradise waiting to be discovered.

Visit www.wakatobi.com for details of this resort and its liveaboard on MV Pelagian. I won't be providing any tips but will include stories and info within my Travelogue.

All I can say is this is the place I would come back again and again.

The diving

The resort is amazing and so is its underwater world. The house reef is superb especially for night dives and if you are interested to catch the Wakatobi Express aka drift dive :-)

Its huge diversity of marine life, the healthiest hard corals I have ever seen, the most organised dive operation and fun dive crew makes it all worth while to take half a day to get here!

Underwater residents are featured in my Travelogue.

• Pros:Beautiful, remote and peaceful
  • Cons:Expensive and far
  • In a nutshell:Wakatobi - my hidden paradise
  • Last visit to South-East Sulawesi Province: Dec 2007
  • Intro Updated Mar 9, 2008

Restless-in-kl

“Love life!”

Badges & Stats in South-East Sulawesi Province

Have you been to South-East Sulawesi Province?

Latest Activity in South-East Sulawesi Province