"Puerto Galera - Port of Galleons" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Galera by Restless-in-kl
Puerto Galera Travel Guide: 367 reviews and 938 photos
Spanish seafarers in the 16th Century used Puerto Galera as a safe haven during their journeys to the Orient, hence its Spanish name.
Today, it's a weekend retreat for harried busy folks from Manila to get some peace. Boats like this (called the "bangkas") are a common sight here.
The attraction is really the calm blue waters (above and below) and the solitude it offers. For those who wants a night life, Sabang beach provides this option.
To me, what really makes a difference is the people. Children here take to the sea like fish to water and everyone seems to have a ready smile at anytime.
Behind these carefree faces, lies a hard life where their parents depend on the sea and tourists' business to put food on the table.
What really makes me very sad is when I see so many local women who works in "girlie bars" and hanging on the arms of foreign men to make ends meet.
PG looks great when you're out in the sea or at night when all you see are twinkling lights in the distance.
- Pros:Rest and relaxation is easy to get
- Cons:Not very safe for single women traveling solo
Below the El Galleon Resort bar just before you walk to Sabang beach, you'll find a couple of little stalls (more like... more travel advice
On the way back from Big Lalaguna Beach just before going down the steps, we saw another path that leads up to the hill.... more travel advice
- See All Another western place
- See All Some R&R
- See All Basic and rustic
- A different type of Halloween
Restless-in-kl's Related Pages
Puerto Galera Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Puerto Galera - Port of Galleons"
- "Puerto Galera and its beautiful sites"
- "Puerto Galera"
- "Puerto Galera"
- "WHITE BEACH, Puerto Galera, Mindoro Oriental"
- "Paradise Galera"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Galera
- Hotels in Puerto Galera
- Transportation in Puerto Galera
- Nightlife in Puerto Galera
- Restaurants in Puerto Galera
- Shopping in Puerto Galera
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Galera
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puerto Galera
- 22 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Puerto Galera?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Galera
- Posted in Travel Italy Forum "Re: First time to Italy"
- updated a Puerto Galera Travel Page "Puerto Galera - Port of Galleons"
- Commented on one of muddybok's Puerto Galera travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sunny days are here to stay"
- Wrote a Review They sell seashells by the seashore in Puerto Galera Shopping
Photos in Puerto GaleraSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 37 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Maldives Intro, 11 reviews, 76 photos, 7 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 20 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Eureka Springs Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Menjangan Intro, 6 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Galera Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manado Intro, 3 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Takayama Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues