"A journey with my Nikon Coolpix 5200 to Sipadan" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Sipadan by Restless-in-kl
Pulau Sipadan Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 158 photos
I’ve always been fascinated by the sea and its inhabitants. As a child, I read a story called Waterbaby. It’s about the adventures of a little boy who is able to live on both land and in the sea. How I longed to be a waterbaby and dive beneath the waves to meet those wonderful creatures of the sea.
As I grew taller (ahem!), I discovered scuba diving and I was hooked! Still it was not enough. I could only share this with fellow divers but not my family and bigger circle of friends. Along came my Nikon Coolpix 5200 and its little underwater casing.
Welcome to a fascinating journey to Sipadan, Kapalai and Mabul. Do go through the tips on accommodation, things to do etc. to get more out of this wonderful place.
I've only covered diving which is my passion but in Sabah, you can scale the highest mountain, dive the deepest ocean and surround yourself with ancient trees.
Just looking at Sipadan you cannot imagine the treasure trove of marine life beneath its waters and the fascination continues above water as well
I remembered my 1st trip to Sipadan which was right after my Open Water certification. At that time, I was either very brave or very foolish to take on Sipadan with so little diving experience. On hindsight, I was very foolish!
- Pros:Dreamy island with a more beautiful world underwater
- Cons:So far .....
- In a nutshell:More than meets the eye
During my first trip to Sipadan, accommodations were confined to Sipadan island (now you can't stay there anymore) and... more travel advice
Scuba diving, what else??! Sipadan is Malaysia's top dive destination. Anyone who calls themselves a diver must visit... more travel advice
Restless-in-kl's Related Pages
Pulau Sipadan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "..marine paradise.."
- "A journey with my Nikon Coolpix 5200 to Sipadan"
- "Sipadan island, the treasure of divers"
- "Easter holiday on Sipadan Island"
- "Sipadan / Mabul"
- "The best drift diving spot in the world...possibly"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Sipadan
- Hotels in Pulau Sipadan
- Transportation in Pulau Sipadan
- Nightlife in Pulau Sipadan
- Restaurants in Pulau Sipadan
- Shopping in Pulau Sipadan
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Sipadan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Sipadan
- 6 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Pulau Sipadan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Sipadan
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 37 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Maldives Intro, 11 reviews, 76 photos, 7 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 20 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Eureka Springs Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Menjangan Intro, 6 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Galera Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manado Intro, 3 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Takayama Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (9)
Latest Pulau Sipadan hotel reviews
- Sipadan-Kapalai Island Resort
- 271 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013