"A journey with my Nikon Coolpix 5200 to Sipadan" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Sipadan by Restless-in-kl

Pulau Sipadan Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 158 photos

I’ve always been fascinated by the sea and its inhabitants. As a child, I read a story called Waterbaby. It’s about the adventures of a little boy who is able to live on both land and in the sea. How I longed to be a waterbaby and dive beneath the waves to meet those wonderful creatures of the sea.

As I grew taller (ahem!), I discovered scuba diving and I was hooked! Still it was not enough. I could only share this with fellow divers but not my family and bigger circle of friends. Along came my Nikon Coolpix 5200 and its little underwater casing.

Welcome to a fascinating journey to Sipadan, Kapalai and Mabul. Do go through the tips on accommodation, things to do etc. to get more out of this wonderful place.

I've only covered diving which is my passion but in Sabah, you can scale the highest mountain, dive the deepest ocean and surround yourself with ancient trees.

Just looking at Sipadan you cannot imagine the treasure trove of marine life beneath its waters and the fascination continues above water as well

I remembered my 1st trip to Sipadan which was right after my Open Water certification. At that time, I was either very brave or very foolish to take on Sipadan with so little diving experience. On hindsight, I was very foolish!

• Pros:Dreamy island with a more beautiful world underwater
  • Cons:So far .....
  • In a nutshell:More than meets the eye
  • Last visit to Pulau Sipadan: Apr 2005
  • Intro Updated Jan 21, 2008

• GenuinelyCurious's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2008 at 9:05 AM

Great top photo! Whetting my appetite for getting wet in Sipadan.

• y_lyn's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2007 at 8:35 AM

Have not heard of this place before reading your pages... would like to explore this place if I were to learn diving in near future :)

• cheuleng's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2007 at 11:33 PM

Wau! Your Nikon 5200 can take beautiful pic. Been to Sipadan before i get my diving licen. Will come back to there diving....

• juliewong's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2006 at 7:09 PM

Well shot u/w photos. Just like you, I will probably dwell mainly on diving activities in Sabah. Hope to make it my ultimate underwater trip sometime this year.

• Jan 11, 2006 at 12:39 AM

after looking at your pages, im so looking fwd to my trip to sipadan in march... yeah, i'll probably stay at kapalai as well... looks fabulous!

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2005 at 1:38 AM

Again, lovely pix , your Nikon captured the images well. I use a sony for my underwater pix.

• canadacutey's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2005 at 1:34 AM

ahhh i think now...it is east malaysia? borneo?

• kenmerk's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2005 at 3:45 AM

Nice u/w pix, Jennie,,,,

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2005 at 7:49 PM

looks lovely! dive! dive! dive!

• kelnsha's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2005 at 3:30 AM

Nice resort! Been there diving in Jun 05 but we stayed in BDMR. Share with you my photos when I've the time to update in my VT page.

Restless-in-kl

“Love life!”

Badges & Stats in Pulau Sipadan

Have you been to Pulau Sipadan?