"Are we still in Bali?" Bedugul by Restless-in-kl
Bedugul Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 91 photos
From Ubud, we took the scenic route past Bedugul to get to Pemuteran/Menjangan in North Bali. This was the view that confronted us as we took on the windy roads in our car making our way real slow as visibility was poor.
It made us wonder if we were still in Bali as the mist that shrouded the mountains gave us a whole different view to Bali.
On our way back to Kuta, the weather cleared up and we were able to admire the beautiful lakes in the Bedugul area.
Of course the highlight in this area is Pura Ulun Danu beside Lake Beratan. It is easily the most recognisable sight. What's beautiful here is the temple which seems to rise up out of the lake with its tiered shrines reflected on the waters.
- Pros:A good break from a long journey to the north or south
- Cons:Avoid weekends as jams are bad and crowds are noisy
- In a nutshell:A different side of Bali
Restless-in-kl's Related Pages
Bedugul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mountain, lakes, and pines"
- "Balinese Mountain Lakes"
- "Temple visit"
- "Bedugul - Ulun Danu & Lake Beratan"
- "Pura in the lake and mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bedugul
- Hotels in Bedugul
- Transportation in Bedugul
- Restaurants in Bedugul
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bedugul
- 0 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Bedugul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bedugul
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 37 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Maldives Intro, 11 reviews, 76 photos, 7 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 20 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Eureka Springs Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Menjangan Intro, 6 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Galera Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manado Intro, 3 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Takayama Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues