"Helgoland- Rocky island of the german Nordsee" Helgoland by Obak81
Helgoland Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 83 photos
Coming to Helgoland from the seaside, you cant stop wondering what an grand piece of red rock is doing here in the middel of the northsea (well not actually the middel, it just feels that way). Add to this the interesting WWII history of the island as an axis grand u-boat lair, and the subsequent massive allied bombings reducing the island to approx. 10% of its prewar size.
As the final spice to the mystery surrounding the isle is the legend of Helgoland being the legendary Atlantis (more specifically an submerged island about 15 km north of the present Helgoland.
All in all these things make the island a visit worth, and in addition... its a toll-free zone ;o)
Obak81's Related Pages
Helgoland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Helgoland - A pearl in the Northsea"
- "A Quiet Little Island in Germany's North Sea"
- "Sweet little island"
- "Helgoland, a red rock in the Northsea"
- "The island exchanged for Zanzibar"
- "Helgoland- Rocky island of the german Nordsee"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Helgoland
- Transportation in Helgoland
- Restaurants in Helgoland
- Shopping in Helgoland
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Helgoland
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Helgoland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Helgoland
Photos in HelgolandSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 47 reviews, 40 photos
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Czestochowa Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos
- Berlin Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 18 reviews, 11 photos
- Büsum Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Wroclaw Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos
- Sibenik Intro, 12 reviews, 6 photos
- Piotrkow Trybunalski Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Bogense Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos