"Czestochowa - Home of the black madonna" Top 5 Page for this destination Czestochowa by Obak81
Czestochowa Travel Guide: 113 reviews and 279 photos
Czestochowa is primarily known for housing the icon named "the black madonna". This icon is located in the Jasna Góra monastry which is located on a hilltop overlooking the fairly large city (round 260.000 inhabitants).
From the monastery a large pedestrian road (Al. NMP) cuts nicely through the city down to the Daszynski square.
The city is located in a landscape of hills to the east and south and more flat plains with occasional rolling hills to the north.
There are hourly connections between Wroclaw and Czestochowa from the main train station. The trip takes 2 hours and 40... more travel advice
In the recent years there have been a enormous proliferation of statues of the pope throughout poland. Many places old... more travel advice
Obak81's Related Pages
Czestochowa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Czestochowa ~ Jasna Gora Sanctuary"
- "Czestochowa and its vicinity"
- "Czestochowa - The Heart of Polish Catholicism"
- "Czestochowa - Home of the black madonna"
- "Vibraciones Especiales / Spetial Vibrations"
- "Częstochowa, my home city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Czestochowa
- Hotels in Czestochowa
- Transportation in Czestochowa
- Nightlife in Czestochowa
- Restaurants in Czestochowa
- Warnings and Dangers in Czestochowa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Czestochowa
- 12 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Czestochowa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Czestochowa
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 47 reviews, 40 photos
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Czestochowa Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos
- Berlin Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 18 reviews, 11 photos
- Büsum Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Wroclaw Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos
- Sibenik Intro, 12 reviews, 6 photos
- Piotrkow Trybunalski Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Bogense Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos