"Nyborg - Old castle and a small Venice" Nyborg by Obak81
Nyborg Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 9 photos
Is the third largest city on Fyn (Funen). Its located on the eastern egde of the island nearby the Fixed link (Storbæltsbroen).
The city has about 16.000 inhabitants (2007). In the city center you can find the old royal castle dating back from 1170.
In recent years a new district has sprung up by the waterside in what used to be an old harbour.
The old city is surrounded by moths, and fortifications serving as a reminder of the cities strategic importance in the control of the danish infrastructure i the past thousands of years.
The highway E45 passes just north of Nyborg, with two exits to the city. more travel advice
In consequence of the construction of the fixed link, Nyborg got a new trainstation. The station is located near the old... more travel advice
Obak81's Related Pages
Nyborg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nyborg - Old castle and a small Venice"
- "Denmark's Newscastle"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nyborg
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Nyborg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nyborg
Photos in NyborgSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 47 reviews, 40 photos
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Czestochowa Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos
- Berlin Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 18 reviews, 11 photos
- Büsum Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Wroclaw Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos
- Sibenik Intro, 12 reviews, 6 photos
- Piotrkow Trybunalski Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Olsztyn Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
Latest Nyborg hotel reviews
- Best Western Hotel Nyborg Stra
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 3, 2013