"CURTEA DE ARGES" Curtea de Arges by hydronetta
Curtea de Arges Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 109 photos
About 130 km NW of Bucharest in Wallachia, Curtea de Arges is a city with a great past, as it served as capital of feudal Walachia.
Curtea de Arges is also a place of pilgrimage for many Romanians for here stands the rather small in scale but beautiful “Episcopal” church built in the 16th century under the rule of king Neagoe Basarab, surrounded by a lot of legends on how it was built.
We arrived quite late in the afternoon in Curtea but the light from sunset was beautiful. Unfortunately the church was under construction so much of its exterior was covered. Nevertheless its interior was as rewarding as its legend tells!
hydronetta's Related Pages
Curtea de Arges Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Curtea de Arges and its legend"
- "CURTEA DE ARGES"
- "At the Base of Fagarasi Highway"
- "Great tourist attraction."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Curtea de Arges
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Curtea de Arges?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Curtea de Arges
Top 10 Pages
- Kiev Intro, 48 reviews, 90 photos
- Esfahan 33 reviews, 102 photos
- Rangoon Intro, 32 reviews, 90 photos
- Burma 28 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mandalay 23 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burkina Faso Intro, 33 reviews, 62 photos
- Rantepao 23 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos
- Socotra 18 reviews, 65 photos
- Judetul Suceava 22 reviews, 60 photos