"SINAIA" Sinaia by hydronetta
Sinaia Travel Guide: 168 reviews and 560 photos
Sinaia is considered one of the most beautiful mountain resorts of Romania given it's proximity with Bucegi Mountains (part of Carpathians), its natural beauty and picturesque architecture.
The town was named after Sinaia Monastery, (around which it was built). )Other major sights are Peles Castle built by King Carol I of Romania as his summer home, and Pelisor Castle (but less interesting).
Sinaia lies on the way from Bucharest to Brasov (50 km south of Brasov), in a mountainous area on the Prahova River valley, just east of the Bucegi Mountains.
It is a popular destination for hiking and winter sports.
Though you'll miss at present the beauty in the frescoes in the interior (the Old Church was closed for restoration),... more travel advice
While entering the monastery one of the first sights apart from the new church is the imposing bell tower finished in... more travel advice
hydronetta's Related Pages
Sinaia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sinaia, the first town I have visited..."
- "SINAIA - THE PEARL OF THE CARPATHIANS"
- "A Mountain of Trash"
- "Sinaia a pearl of Carpathian Mountains"
- "Sinaia - the beautiful mountain resort"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sinaia
- Hotels in Sinaia
- Transportation in Sinaia
- Nightlife in Sinaia
- Restaurants in Sinaia
- Shopping in Sinaia
- Warnings and Dangers in Sinaia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sinaia
- 7 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Sinaia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sinaia
Photos in SinaiaSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Kiev Intro, 48 reviews, 90 photos
- Esfahan 33 reviews, 102 photos
- Rangoon Intro, 32 reviews, 90 photos
- Burma 28 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mandalay 23 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burkina Faso Intro, 33 reviews, 62 photos
- Rantepao 23 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos
- Socotra 18 reviews, 65 photos
- Judetul Suceava 22 reviews, 60 photos