"ECHTERNACH" Top 5 Page for this destination Echternach by hydronetta
Echternach Travel Guide: 119 reviews and 208 photos
Echternach is the oldest town in Luxemburg, founded by an anglo-irish monk in 698. Located in the picturesque valley of the Sure river it has a curent population of 5,200 and it is a part of the German-Luxembourg natural park.
The city has an architectural heritage dating back 2000 years of history: there are ruins of a roman villa. Other interesting sites like the St.Peter and Paul’s parish church, the Romanesque Basilica with the crypt of the city’s founder, the Law Cross and the Gothic Town Hall on the market square, numerous remains of the medieval town with its restored towers, the Baroque Benedictine Abbey, the Orangerie in the municipal park and 4 museums, attract visitor’s interest.
Add to that the superb natural environment of the ‘Petite Suisse Luxembourgeoise” and there you have a complete travel delighting experience.
While we had our dinner in Trier, we were told by the greek owners that there is a greek restaurant in Echternach. In... more travel advice
The roman villa is a site situated in the recreational centre to the west of the town of Echternach and was excavated in... more travel advice
hydronetta's Related Pages
Echternach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heart of "Luxemburg's little Switzerland""
- "Closed on Tuesdays"
- "About Luxembourgs city's"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Echternach
- Hotels in Echternach
- Transportation in Echternach
- Restaurants in Echternach
- Shopping in Echternach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Echternach
- 7 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Echternach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Echternach
Photos in EchternachSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Kiev Intro, 48 reviews, 90 photos
- Esfahan 33 reviews, 102 photos
- Rangoon Intro, 32 reviews, 90 photos
- Burma 28 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mandalay 23 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burkina Faso Intro, 33 reviews, 62 photos
- Rantepao 23 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos
- Socotra 18 reviews, 65 photos
- Judetul Suceava 22 reviews, 60 photos