"Hydra: a jewel in the saronic golf" Top 5 Page for this destination Hydra Island by hydronetta
Hydra Island Travel Guide: 199 reviews and 597 photos
Hydra is a small rocky island of the Saronic Golf with 3,000 inhabitants just 1.30 hrs away from Athens by hydrofoil.
It differs a lot in style from the other greek islands, the local architecture is distinctive and strictly preserved and NO private vehicles are allowed on the island, just mules and donkeys.
- Pros:solitude, unique architecture
- Cons:walking the only option, bit pricey
Take a leisure walk to nearby small port of Kaminia It is picturesque, hosts a nice taverna, and you can enjoy sunset... more travel advice
You think your blood sugar levels are low? Then it's just a short walking distance from the port to "Anemoni"... more travel advice
hydronetta's Related Pages
Hydra Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lady Of Argo Saronic Gulf"
- "Hydra-Island in the Saronic Gulf of the Aegian Sea"
- "HYDRA - GRECIAN VACATION FROM VACATIONS"
- "Hydra: a jewel in the saronic golf"
- "HYDRA: SOMETIMES WE NEED TO GET AWAY..."
- "Quiet and beautiful - that's Hydra."
- "Hard Hydra"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hydra Island
- Hotels in Hydra Island
- Transportation in Hydra Island
- Nightlife in Hydra Island
- Restaurants in Hydra Island
- Shopping in Hydra Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Hydra Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hydra Island
- 16 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Hydra Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hydra Island
Top 10 Pages
- Kiev Intro, 48 reviews, 90 photos
- Esfahan 33 reviews, 102 photos
- Rangoon Intro, 32 reviews, 90 photos
- Burma 28 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mandalay 23 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burkina Faso Intro, 33 reviews, 62 photos
- Rantepao 23 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos
- Socotra 18 reviews, 65 photos
- Judetul Suceava 22 reviews, 60 photos