"Gateway to Europapark" Rust by hydronetta

Rust Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 11 photos

Why Rust?

One might ask, why should someone visit Rust?
It is hardly spotted on maps and certainly it's not known for its sights.
Rust is a sleepy village near to French borders and certainly not a tourist destination itself. In fact there is nothing to see....
BUT the village has the priviledge to be the village just next to Europa Park serving as an excellent accomodation base not only for the amusement park but also for the "Wine Route of Alsace" in France (if you have your own transport)
Private accommodation is plentiful in the village and there are some limited dining options.

Europapark

Disneyland, Disneyland, Disneyland.....
This is what the vast majority people think of an amusement park. I don't blame them. Disneyland is highly advertised by travel agencies becoming almost as a must to see for any visitor to Paris.
I discovered Europapark ranked with a star .... on my road map when I was planning to visit the area few years before. Not a single comment in my guidebook.... But thanks to internet I found out.
Since my first visit I couldn't resist caming back again.
For my taste Europapark beats Disneyland. It's great fun and after all it's EUROPEAN inspired!!
If you haven't been there, plan your trip now. You and your family are gonna love it. Highly highly recommended

• Last visit to Rust: Jun 2004