"DEAD CITIES" Khirbat Serjilla by hydronetta
Khirbat Serjilla Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 135 photos
Serjilla located south of Aleppo (middway to Hama) is the most interesting of the "dead cities", a series of ancient ghost towns dating from Byzantine times .
Set in a barren plain it compromises extensive remains of houses, baths, tombs and a church.
Despite being the most visited, there were hardly a handful of tourists not enough to spoil the serenity of the area. The place is highly photogenic and a perfect spot to relax among the ruins
We reached it by car.
- Pros:Serenity, photogenic
- In a nutshell:Not to be missed!
hydronetta's Related Pages
Khirbat Serjilla Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dead City of Serjilla"
- "A Dead City Called Serjilla..."
- "DEAD CITIES"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Khirbat Serjilla
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Khirbat Serjilla?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Khirbat Serjilla
Photos in Khirbat SerjillaSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Kiev Intro, 48 reviews, 90 photos
- Esfahan 33 reviews, 102 photos
- Rangoon Intro, 32 reviews, 90 photos
- Burma 28 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mandalay 23 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burkina Faso Intro, 33 reviews, 62 photos
- Rantepao 23 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos
- Socotra 18 reviews, 65 photos
- Judetul Suceava 22 reviews, 60 photos