"KERMAN" Kerman by hydronetta
Kerman Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 91 photos
Kerman, with an estimated population of more than 500,000, is located in the central south of Iran at a height of 1755 m. and it’s the Capital of Kerman Providence.
Because it is located close to the Kavir desert, Kerman has hot summers and in the spring it often has violent sand storms. Otherwise, its climate is relatively cool.
The uniqueness of Kerman was for me to lay back in one of its teahouses surrounded by the sounds of santur....
Kerman is counted as one of the oldest cities and its construction is attributed to Ardashir I of Sassanid Dynasty.
Kerman has had a long turbulent history. It was ruled by Turkmans, Arabs and Mongols after the 7th Century AD and was expanded rapidly during the Safavid Dynasty. By then it was an important export centre for carpets and rugs. It was only during the rule of the Qajar Dynasty that security was restored in this city under the Central Government.
Most of the ancient Kerman was destroyed in a 1794 earthquake.
Mausoleum of a famous Sufi dervish and it's adorned hadn painted Quran verses and symbols more travel advice
hydronetta's Related Pages
Kerman Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heading for the Wild East"
- "The Icehouses In Kerman..."
- "Jameh Mosque"
- "one of the most historic town"
- "Desert Storm"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kerman
- Hotels in Kerman
- Transportation in Kerman
- Restaurants in Kerman
- Shopping in Kerman
- Warnings and Dangers in Kerman
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kerman
- 13 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Kerman?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kerman
Photos in KermanSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Kiev Intro, 48 reviews, 90 photos
- Esfahan 33 reviews, 102 photos
- Rangoon Intro, 32 reviews, 90 photos
- Burma 28 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mandalay 23 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burkina Faso Intro, 33 reviews, 62 photos
- Rantepao 23 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos
- Socotra 18 reviews, 65 photos
- Judetul Suceava 22 reviews, 60 photos
Latest Kerman hotel reviews
- Akhavan Hotel
- 3 Reviews & Opinions