"DAMBULLA" Top 5 Page for this destination Dambulla by hydronetta
Dambulla Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 156 photos
Situated on the midway between Kandy and Polonnaruwa, Dambulla is a convenient short stopover to visit the famous cave temples.
These are man-made grottos full of paintings (covering almost every furface) and statues of Sinhalese Buddhism.
Raising 160m above the aurrounding countryside they offer as well wonderful viewa across the tropical plains.
The cave temples open daily from 07:30-19:00 (admnission fee) are located 2 kms south of Dambulla town centre. Thre is... more travel advice
Making photos inside the caves is now possible. But remember you're not allowed to take photos of you sitting next to a... more travel advice
hydronetta's Related Pages
Dambulla Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "temples of rock, temples of charm"
- "CAVES OF AMAZEMENT"
- "Culture Club Resort"
- "Dambulla - Cave Temple"
- "Dambulla - city of the magnificent cave temple"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dambulla
- Hotels in Dambulla
- Transportation in Dambulla
- Restaurants in Dambulla
- Warnings and Dangers in Dambulla
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dambulla
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Dambulla?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dambulla
Top 10 Pages
- Kiev Intro, 48 reviews, 90 photos
- Esfahan 33 reviews, 102 photos
- Rangoon Intro, 32 reviews, 90 photos
- Burma 28 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mandalay 23 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burkina Faso Intro, 33 reviews, 62 photos
- Rantepao 23 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos
- Socotra 18 reviews, 65 photos
- Judetul Suceava 22 reviews, 60 photos