"POLONNARUWA" Top 5 Page for this destination Polonnaruwa by hydronetta
Polonnaruwa Travel Guide: 115 reviews and 277 photos
The ruins at Pollonaruwa are undoubtly one of the highlights of the Curtural triangle route in Sri Lanka.
Being a capital of Sri Lanka in ancient times under the reigns of Parakramabahu (12th century AD) and Nissankamalla it was one of those great cities of its time in south Asia.
Today it shows some of the island's finest and best preserved monuments in a relatively compact and easy to walk around area.
In our case we used a bus from Anuradhapura to reach Polonnaruwa. it was a slow trip in an old fashioned bus and as... more travel advice
This elegant pont (almost 8m across), formed from 5 rings of stone carved resembling the flower of lotu, may have been... more travel advice
hydronetta's Related Pages
Polonnaruwa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ancient ruins"
- "Don't miss this capital city."
- "Historic Polonnaruwa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Polonnaruwa
- Hotels in Polonnaruwa
- Transportation in Polonnaruwa
- Nightlife in Polonnaruwa
- Restaurants in Polonnaruwa
- Warnings and Dangers in Polonnaruwa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Polonnaruwa
- 19 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Polonnaruwa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Polonnaruwa
Top 10 Pages
- Kiev Intro, 48 reviews, 90 photos
- Esfahan 33 reviews, 102 photos
- Rangoon Intro, 32 reviews, 90 photos
- Burma 28 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mandalay 23 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burkina Faso Intro, 33 reviews, 62 photos
- Rantepao 23 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos
- Socotra 18 reviews, 65 photos
- Judetul Suceava 22 reviews, 60 photos