"The enchanting Bagan" Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan by hydronetta
Bagan Travel Guide: 322 reviews and 1,287 photos
Bagan, capital of the First Myanmar Empire, is known as the city of four million pagodas. It is one of the richest archaeological sites in Asia and the main tourist destination in Myanmar. The ruins of Bagan City cover an area of 42 sq. km containing over 2000 edifices. The majority of these well-preserved temples and pagodas offer a rich architectural heritage from the 11th to 13th century era.
This enchanting city is situated on the eastern bank of the Ayeyarwaddy River, about 193 km south of Mandalay.
To me, Bagan, though less known, promoted and visited than Angor in Cambodia, surpasses it in terms of beauty and tranquility.
The opportunities of extraordinary panoramic views over the plain full pagodas at sunset is an experience of a lifetime.
- Pros:history, extraordinary temples, tranquility, less touristy
- Cons:souvenir vendors struggling to earn a dollar
Temples and pagodas in bagan are not just for the pleasure of the tourists only. They are still fuctional religious... more travel advice
During our second day we decided to break our sightseeing tour for a snack but we ended up having an excellent lunch in... more travel advice
hydronetta's Related Pages
Bagan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bagan - the fabulous fairyland"
- "Historical wonderland."
- "The enchanting Bagan"
- "Bagan - indescribable!!"
- "BAGAN MYANMAR (BURMA)"
- "Temples of Bagan - Field of Dreams"
- "Sueño de un Rey-A King Dream"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bagan
- Hotels in Bagan
- Transportation in Bagan
- Nightlife in Bagan
- Restaurants in Bagan
- Shopping in Bagan
- Warnings and Dangers in Bagan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bagan
- 25 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Bagan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bagan
Photos in BaganSee All Photos (63)
Top 10 Pages
- Kiev Intro, 48 reviews, 90 photos
- Esfahan 33 reviews, 102 photos
- Rangoon Intro, 32 reviews, 90 photos
- Burma 28 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mandalay 23 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burkina Faso Intro, 33 reviews, 62 photos
- Rantepao 23 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos
- Socotra 18 reviews, 65 photos
- Judetul Suceava 22 reviews, 60 photos