"KALAW" Kalaw by hydronetta
Kalaw Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 93 photos
Kalaw in Shan State is a former colonial British hill station, sits at 1,300 meters elevation offering that way cool temperatures (chilling I would say in the evening)
What makes Kalaw interesting stopover for tourists is the trekking opportunities it offers to the surrounding minority villages. The treks can last anything from half a day to multiple days.
Travelling by car, Kalaw is about two hours west of Inle Lake on the western edge of the Shan hills.
- Pros:a must if you like trekking
- Cons:chilling if not prepared
By the end of our half day trekking we asked our guide where he would recommend we have a lunch in Kalaw. Very very... more travel advice
Colourfully dressed Palaung is one of the 135 minority tribes of Myanmar with a turbulent history. Don't expect though... more travel advice
hydronetta's Related Pages
Kalaw Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "En las montañas On the mountains"
- "Kalaw market life"
- "Kalaw - biggest festival"
- "Nice location on the Shan hills"
- "The cool Land of pine trees,"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kalaw
- 7 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Kalaw?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kalaw
Top 10 Pages
- Kiev Intro, 48 reviews, 90 photos
- Esfahan 33 reviews, 102 photos
- Rangoon Intro, 32 reviews, 90 photos
- Burma 28 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mandalay 23 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burkina Faso Intro, 33 reviews, 62 photos
- Rantepao 23 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos
- Socotra 18 reviews, 65 photos
- Judetul Suceava 22 reviews, 60 photos