"BAGO" Top 5 Page for this destination Bago by hydronetta
Bago Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 196 photos
Bago can be easily visited as daily excursion from Yangon but I would strongly advice you to make a top here on your way to Kyaiktiyo Golden Rock pagoda.
Most of city's sights can be easily visited in 3-4 hours: pagodas (as usual), huge reclining and an interesting monastery to take a glimpse of monastic life.
Bago lies just 80kms away from Yangon and it is easily reached by buses or train. As it lies in a plain it can become extremely hot during midday
After watching the studying session, visiting the kitchen we were taken to a dormitory where novice monks were settling.... more travel advice
We arrived at the monastery around 10:30am after catching the bus at 8am from Yangon bus station. As soon as we got off... more travel advice
hydronetta's Related Pages
Bago Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bago --Pegu"
- "Bago – Monks, Pagodas and bustling Myanmar"
- "Bago first stop going up north"
- "Bago, Pegu of Yesteryear"
- "In the name of Hong-Sa-Wa-Di"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bago
- Hotels in Bago
- Transportation in Bago
- Restaurants in Bago
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bago
- 6 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Bago?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bago
Top 10 Pages
- Kiev Intro, 48 reviews, 90 photos
- Esfahan 33 reviews, 102 photos
- Rangoon Intro, 32 reviews, 90 photos
- Burma 28 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mandalay 23 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burkina Faso Intro, 33 reviews, 62 photos
- Rantepao 23 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos
- Socotra 18 reviews, 65 photos
- Judetul Suceava 22 reviews, 60 photos