"Ajmer: the city of the holiest Muslim shrine" Ajmer by hydronetta
Ajmer Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 124 photos
Ajmer is a town with a population of half a million and 130km south west of Jaipur is an important place for Muslim pilgrims of the Indian subcontinent
It can easily be visited as half day trip if you are traveling between Jodhpur and Pushkar, as we did.
The town itself seemed a bit uninspiring and very crowded.
The main sights which we visited were the holy Muslim shrine DARGAH SHARIF and the jain NASIYAN (RED) TEMPLE
The Nasiyan Temple (Red Temple) is a Jain temple and definitely a must to visit. Luckily there are a few visitors... more travel advice
We have been warned to keep a close look to our valuables while entering the sain't tomb. In fact as you enter you make... more travel advice
hydronetta's Related Pages
Ajmer Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ajmer: the city of the holiest Muslim shrine"
- "love towards all malice towards none - Garib Nawaz"
- "Pilgrimage city of the Dargah of Moinuddin Chishti"
- "Ajmer - the holy Muslim Pilgrimage Town"
- "Restaurants Ajmer"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ajmer
- Hotels in Ajmer
- Transportation in Ajmer
- Shopping in Ajmer
- Warnings and Dangers in Ajmer
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ajmer
- 6 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Ajmer?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ajmer
Top 10 Pages
- Kiev Intro, 48 reviews, 90 photos
- Esfahan 33 reviews, 102 photos
- Rangoon Intro, 32 reviews, 90 photos
- Burma 28 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mandalay 23 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burkina Faso Intro, 33 reviews, 62 photos
- Rantepao 23 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos
- Socotra 18 reviews, 65 photos
- Judetul Suceava 22 reviews, 60 photos