"PALENQUE" Palenque by draguza
Palenque Travel Guide: 218 reviews and 733 photos
The ruins of Palenque look out over the jungle from a tall ridge that juts out from the base of steep, thickly forested mountains. It is a dramatic sight colored by the mysterious feel of the ruins themselves. The temples here are in the Classic style, with high-pitched roofs crowned with elaborate combs. Inside many are representations in stone and plaster of the rulers and their gods, which give evidence of a cosmology that is -- and perhaps will remain -- impenetrable to our understanding. This is one of the grand archaeological sites of Mexico.
Eight kilometers (5 miles) from the ruins is the town of Palenque. There you can find lodging and food, as well as make travel arrangements. Transportation between the town and ruins is cheap and convenient.
draguza's Related Pages
Palenque Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Palenque - The Most Awesome Mayan City!"
- "Palenque, Chiapas"
- "Palenque: A Mayan Paradise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palenque
- Hotels in Palenque
- Transportation in Palenque
- Nightlife in Palenque
- Restaurants in Palenque
- Shopping in Palenque
- Warnings and Dangers in Palenque
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palenque
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Palenque?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palenque
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 109 reviews, 175 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 79 reviews, 100 photos
- Bucharest Intro, 59 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 47 reviews, 70 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 40 reviews, 54 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 39 reviews, 43 photos
- Prague Intro, 26 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Torino Intro, 30 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 29 reviews, 31 photos
- Venice Intro, 22 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue