"Swiss town on the lake" Lugano by draguza
Lugano Travel Guide: 412 reviews and 1,087 photos
Since as early as the Middle Ages, Lugano has been the hub of a thriving traffic of goods and, particularly, it has been the home of one of the most popular cattle fairs in Europe, an event, which has given Lugano celebrity and prosperity. The third component of our economy is the sector of financial and banking services. This sector, the last one to make its appearance, is presently the main driving force of our economy. It started to develop in the post-war years following the Second World War; between the Sixties and the Seventies it made the City the third financial market in the Confederation and nowadays it meets the most sophisticated demands of the high-tech service industry. In spite of the changes which occurred in the financial and banking sector, with the well-known concentrations in the Nineties, Lugano continues to be an attractive market to such an extent that new international banks have recently decided to establish themselves in Lugano.
- Pros:Fresh and clean air
- Cons:Too small
Fly to Zürich or Milan then train to Lugano From Milan Central Station to Lugano takes about 1, 20h more travel advice
draguza's Related Pages
Lugano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to my home !"
- "Welcome to sunny Lugano"
- "LUGANO -BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL"
- "Lugano - a day trip to Ticino"
- "Welcome to my hometown, Lugano!"
- "MY BEST VACATION"
- "simply my backyard"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lugano
- Hotels in Lugano
- Transportation in Lugano
- Nightlife in Lugano
- Restaurants in Lugano
- Shopping in Lugano
- Warnings and Dangers in Lugano
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lugano
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Lugano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lugano
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 109 reviews, 175 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 79 reviews, 100 photos
- Bucharest Intro, 59 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 47 reviews, 70 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 40 reviews, 54 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 39 reviews, 43 photos
- Prague Intro, 26 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Torino Intro, 30 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 29 reviews, 31 photos
- Venice Intro, 22 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue