"Ancient ruins" Knosos by draguza
Knosos Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 91 photos
The archaeological site of Knossos is at a distance of 5 km southeast of Heraclion, near the small village of the same name, on a hil and it is the most famous archaeological site on Crete. A local bus (No2) runs very regularly between Heraclion and Knossos.
The name Knossos is mentioned in the Minoan tablets in Linear B. It is by that name that it is mentioned by Homer, who speaks of Knossos as a big city.
Strabos also considers Knossos and Gortyna the greatest and more powerful cities on Crete.
- Pros:Full of history..
- Cons:Too hot in the summer
- In a nutshell:Experience the past
draguza's Related Pages
Knosos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Knosos ... visual guide through the history"
- "Ancient ruins"
- "Fabled Knossos of the Minoan Empire"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Knosos
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Knosos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Knosos
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 109 reviews, 175 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 79 reviews, 100 photos
- Bucharest Intro, 59 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 47 reviews, 70 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 40 reviews, 54 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 39 reviews, 43 photos
- Prague Intro, 26 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Torino Intro, 30 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 29 reviews, 31 photos
- Venice Intro, 22 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue