"BEACHES & FUN" Varadero by draguza
Varadero Travel Guide: 461 reviews and 1,068 photos
Varadero is a favorite tourist destination not only for foreign visitors, but for Cubans themselves. This gives the town a distinctive character that sets it apart from other resorts in the country.
Varadero's hotel complexes are well equipped in terms of the accommodation, recreational facilities, aquatic sports, and nightlife they offer. Tourists do not generally venture beyond these complexes to explore their surroundings, but when they do go out, they are rarely disappointed.
There are many entertainment options on the the Varadero peninsula and throughout the province of Matanzas. The heavenly beaches, whose waters shimmer in every shade of blue from navy to bright turquoise, beckon you to swim, play water-sports or simply to relax and soak up the sun on the beach. If you are feeling energetic you can choose between diving, crossing the Bahía in a catamaran, fishing, and many other activities. This part of the island is equally well known for its natural beauty and as a natural habitat for rare birds, some of which are now extinct in the rest of the world. Many birdwatchers come here on vacation every year with dreams of catching a rare sighting.
- Pros:Beautiful sea & beaches
- Cons:Not much to see apart from the beaches
Hotel Internacional offers an excellent show Mondays to Fridays, called Cabaret Continental, a colorful '50s... more travel advice
draguza's Related Pages
Varadero Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heavenly Beaches"
- "Lovely Varadero"
- "Resort Paradise in Varadero"
- "LOVELY VARADERO CUBA"
- "Varadero, Cuba"
- "Beautiful People"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Varadero
- Hotels in Varadero
- Transportation in Varadero
- Nightlife in Varadero
- Restaurants in Varadero
- Shopping in Varadero
- Warnings and Dangers in Varadero
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Varadero
- 4 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Varadero?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Varadero
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 109 reviews, 175 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 79 reviews, 100 photos
- Bucharest Intro, 59 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 47 reviews, 70 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 40 reviews, 54 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 39 reviews, 43 photos
- Prague Intro, 26 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Torino Intro, 30 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 29 reviews, 31 photos
- Venice Intro, 22 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue