"Uda Walawe National Park" Province of Uva by chizz
Province of Uva Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 255 photos
We travelled for 3 hours from Ella to Uda Walawe National Park and stayed at Kalu's Hideaway - a small hotel owned by the famous Sri Lankan cricketer, Romesh Kaluwitharana.
From here, our driver organised a jeep to take us to the nearby Uda Walawe National Park to do a 2 and a half hour safari. The cost of the jeep was Rs. 4,500 and the park permit was Rs. 5,100, which makes it quite expensive if there are just 2 of you.
After a short drive to the park, we looked around the Visitor Centre for a short time and then started our safari with a park guide which is compulsory.
The park is home to lots of elephants, jungle cats, sloth bears, porcupines, pangolins, macaques, langurs, jackals, leopards, samburs, spotted deer, barking deer, wild boar, mongeese, bandicoots, foxes, giant flying squirrels, water buffalo, crocodiles & water monitor lizards. There are also said to be over 100 species of bird.
On our trip we saw many elephants, jackals, eagles, buffalo and deer and took many photos. Would recommend the trip as we really enjoyed ourselves.
The park is open from 5am to 6.30pm daily.
Here are some more photos from our trip to Uda Walawe National Park more travel advice
chizz's Related Pages
Province of Uva Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Province of Uva
- Hotels in Province of Uva
- Transportation in Province of Uva
- Restaurants in Province of Uva
- Shopping in Province of Uva
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of Uva
- 4 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Province of Uva?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Uva
Top 10 Pages
- Dubai Intro, 81 reviews, 290 photos
- Delhi Intro, 19 reviews, 88 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cairo Intro, 18 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abu Dhabi Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Luxor Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 14 reviews, 49 photos
- Syria Intro, 8 reviews, 52 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salalah Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos