"Hilltop - home of Beatrix Potter - near Hawkshead" Hawkshead by chizz
Hawkshead Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 23 photos
We decided to visit Hilltop, the home of Beatrix Potter in the village of Near Sawrey, Nr Hawkshead. The house was bought by Potter in 1905 for £2,805 from the profits of her first published books which included "The Tale of Peter Rabbit". She owned the house for 38 years and left it to the National Trust on her death.
Entry to the house costs £5.80 for adults and £2.90 for children with family tickets available for £14.50. The house is open from 10.30am-4.30pm from 15 Mar-2 Nov (Closed Fridays apart from Good Friday) and the shop and garden has approx. timings of 10am-4pm from Feb-Dec (please check exact details on website).
chizz's Related Pages
Hawkshead Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "the prettyist village in the lakes"
- "Hilltop - home of Beatrix Potter - near Hawkshead"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hawkshead
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Hawkshead?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hawkshead
Photos in HawksheadSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Dubai Intro, 81 reviews, 290 photos
- Delhi Intro, 19 reviews, 88 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cairo Intro, 18 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abu Dhabi Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Luxor Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 14 reviews, 49 photos
- Syria Intro, 8 reviews, 52 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salalah Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (12)
Latest Hawkshead hotel reviews