"Tripoli - Lebanon" Tripoli by chizz
Tripoli Travel Guide: 136 reviews and 393 photos
Extracted from trip summary -
October 29, 2009 - Up early to drive to the caves at Jeita Grotto, some 20kms from Beirut. Visited the upper cave by cable car and then the lower cave. The drove to Harissa and took the cable car to the top of the hill to see Our Lady of Harissa statue. Great views from up here. Finally visited the ruins at Byblos before driving the 76 kms to Tripoli. Spent the night at the Quality Inn and had a Chinese meal at Chopstix Restaurant in town.
October 30, 2009 - Visited the Citadel in Tripoli town centre, before having a quick look around the souq and the Khan Al Saboun (soap souq). Bought a few traditionally made soaps here, as well as some traditional sweets from Hallab and Son in the centre. Drove to Bcharre to see the famous Cedars, before driving to Zahle to spend the night at the Grand Hotel Kadri.
Abdul Rahman Hallab and Son are famous in Lebanon for making traditional sweets since 1881 that are very tasty indeed.... more travel advice
As you wander through the souqs in Tripoli with their wide array of fish. meat, vegetables, fabrics, clothes and... more travel advice
chizz's Related Pages
Tripoli Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "three cities in one"
- "Tripoli طرابلس"
- "Trablous - Tripoli"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tripoli
- Hotels in Tripoli
- Transportation in Tripoli
- Nightlife in Tripoli
- Restaurants in Tripoli
- Shopping in Tripoli
- Warnings and Dangers in Tripoli
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tripoli
- 5 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Tripoli?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tripoli
Photos in TripoliSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Dubai Intro, 81 reviews, 290 photos
- Delhi Intro, 19 reviews, 88 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cairo Intro, 18 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abu Dhabi Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Luxor Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 14 reviews, 49 photos
- Syria Intro, 8 reviews, 52 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salalah Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos