"Antipods" New Zealand by kokoryko
New Zealand Travel Guide: 14,517 reviews and 36,764 photos
Song writer and singer Graeme Allwright is well known in France but he is originally from New Zealand and his songs express a bit what is on the picture above; I have the same state of mind in life, quite often.
Sing with us : What did you learn in school today? *
Yes, school makes us white sheep, but in New Zealand kids also learn to play rugby, and only for this, (learning friendship, team spirit, a wonderful game and fighting till death. . . ), New Zealand is a wonderful country!
People here are wonderful, as are the mountains and lakes, the volcanoes and the fjords.
Most famous people of New Zealand are the All Blacks rugbymen; we are in the antipods here, so white sheep on the picture. . . ;-)
I may post a few pictures from a trip I made here long time ago and will not forget.
* English version: Thanks Don
Yes the Antipodes of old Western Europe, the other side of the planet. . . . . Just the idea of travelling on the other side, and not being sacred to fall. . . . . :))))); my old books tell about falling in the (where. . . ?. . . ) when being on the other side. . . .
Mountains and glaciers of the South Island, the fjords, the lakes are like upside, just alike and different with their personality; the South Island appeared to me like one of the last places of wilderness on the planet.
Volcanoes, hot springs make the most of the landscapes of the North Island and here you meet the most gifted rugby players of the planet, the farmers who came to colonise the country and the Maori, who learned so well this wonderful game; I did not attend a match here, was touring with my family and the purpose of the trip was not to watch rugby games, but, if you don’t know, just enquire in a small town, people will tell you where and when the next game will take place.
Nature lovers just can love this country!
If time is short and you want to see a lot, a good idea is to rent a car when you arrive on one of the islands, or a campervan, as I did for a three weeks trip; you can get almost everywhere, and then, your feet will take you further on beautiful trails across the mountains, boats will take you in wonderful fjords, your feet (again) will take you to the volcanoes, and back to the campervan, what is more enjoyable than a night on the shores of one of the pristine lakes of the South Island?
Old pictures, souvenirs, . . . . put here as travelogues, few “reviews”.
- In a nutshell:Three weeks time is way to short to discover this country!
Tongariro National Park on the North Island is famous for its hydrothermal ctivity; there you will discover geysers,... more travel advice
It is like time has stopped in some remote places (but all is remote here!) of South Island; travel can mean to go... more travel advice
kokoryko's Related Pages
New Zealand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kia Ora - Aotearoa"
- "A Proud Local Shows You Around New Zealand!!!"
- "Antipodean Paradise"
- "Living and Travelling in New Zealand"
- "The most beautiful country in the world"
- "North & South Islands."
- "God's Country!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Zealand
- Hotels in New Zealand
- Transportation in New Zealand
- Nightlife in New Zealand
- Restaurants in New Zealand
- Shopping in New Zealand
- Warnings and Dangers in New Zealand
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in New Zealand
- 4 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to New Zealand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Zealand
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pau Intro, 83 reviews, 427 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 344 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 68 reviews, 340 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 69 reviews, 315 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 48 reviews, 306 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 40 reviews, 227 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 43 reviews, 195 photos
- Monts du Forez Intro, 39 reviews, 199 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi Intro, 43 reviews, 194 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corsica Intro, 41 reviews, 192 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (38)
Top New Zealand hotels
- Auckland Hotels
- 1042 Reviews - 2303 Photos
- Wellington Hotels
- 593 Reviews - 1272 Photos
- Queenstown Hotels
- 641 Reviews - 1706 Photos
- Rotorua Hotels
- 480 Reviews - 1216 Photos
- Christchurch Hotels
- 1244 Reviews - 2614 Photos
- Tauranga Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 49 Photos
- Palmerston North Hotels
- 32 Reviews - 92 Photos
- Paihia Hotels
- 118 Reviews - 263 Photos
- Kaikoura Hotels
- 206 Reviews - 681 Photos
- Napier Hotels
- 200 Reviews - 520 Photos
- Dunedin Hotels
- 340 Reviews - 803 Photos
- Oamaru Hotels
- 50 Reviews - 98 Photos
- Taupo (town) Hotels
- 32 Reviews - 101 Photos
- New Plymouth Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 42 Photos
- Mangere Hotels
- 2 Reviews