"Naughty south :))))" New Orleans by kokoryko

New Orleans Travel Guide: 4,198 reviews and 7,269 photos

Not really America, something different, something

There are already more than 600 VTpages about the Crescent City at the time I write this one. . . . 4801 tips, 6773 pics. . . I will contribute here with my page, but it is more a travelogue, some impressions of a visit I made here in April 2010.
Not a long intro, there are excellent pages about historical and geographical background; atmosphere is very well accounted for, there are plenty of tips about what tourists may want to visit or avoid, what can be done and discovered here. . .

Beautiful French Quarter

I was here on a business related trip (thanks boss!) but I had my evenings for me and I managed to add a few days to my business stay and had time to wander randomly in the French Quarter and some suburbs of this never sleeping city.

Festival

By a lucky coincidence, it was the French Quarter Festival, and the city which already has a lot to offer, had even something more! The place was packed with tourists, and the festive atmosphere made that the lonely traveller rarely felt he was alone. Well, a few impressions and thoughts and things I liked in this out of the norm city.

My pictures are far from being works of art, my texts are not literature, but be kind and ask if you want to use them.
Unless otherwise marked, I am the author of the pictures.%v*

• Pros:Never sleeping city!
  • Cons:Bourbon Street. . . . well, not my thing!
  • In a nutshell:Super friendly place!
  • Last visit to New Orleans: Apr 2010
  • Intro Updated Jul 25, 2011

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Hermann, this is a fantatic page you have on New Orleans with the great photos and detailed information on the many things you experienced while there. Lucky you to be able to find some old buddies for a great meal at the Cochon restaurant! I too have made a couple of business trips to New Orleans and, like you, really enjoyed the different atmosphere that New Orleans provides.

• Tijavi's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2011 at 5:16 AM

There may be hundreds of New Orleans page, but this is Kokoryko's page! :)) Could well be your 'naughtiest' page, chief, and it's great fun reading them.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Hi Hermann, it's great that you had a business trip to New Orleans. (My business trips were mostly to places like Niederwöllstadt or Gummersbach.) I'm glad you found a place to rent a bicycle and found your Norwegian colleague celebrating at the Cochon.

kokoryko

“Il me plait de courir sans but et sans raison . . . .”

Badges & Stats in New Orleans

Have you been to New Orleans?

Latest Activity in New Orleans