"Bandar Seri Begawan" Top 5 Page for this destination Brunei by kokoryko
Brunei Travel Guide: 934 reviews and 3,767 photos
This tiny country is more known for the wealth of its ruler or its hydrocarbon resources rather than for its tourist attractions.
However, some interesting natural and cultural features are of interest in the capital city, Bandar Seri Begawan, in the villages around and in the countryside. My Brunei page is short and I give some tips related with what I experienced here, during a business stay.
Brunei counts about 400000 citizens, of which 80% are from Malay ascent (bumiputera, children of the land), 10% of Chinese ascent, 5% Indo-Pakistanis and 5% other, including the real children of land here, I mean he Dayak, aboriginal inhabitants of Borneo.
A big number of migrant workers have to be added to these figures, most of them from SE Asia (Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, etc), and a few European-North American. The country is surrounded by Malaysia, hilly in the inland, with a narrow coastal plain bordered by the South China Sea. For more geographic information, any guide or atlas will complete these shortly given facts.
Here above is an example of the wealth of this tiny country (or it's Sultan).
Bandar is small and, quickly , when walking you get in forest tracks on hills where from you can enjoy nice views.
Mosquees are the landmarks there.
Travelling on water for the everyday life is a nice way of living ! No?
I recently found one of my pictures somewhere on the web where it has nothing to do.
It arrived there without permission.
My pictures are far from being works of art, but be kind and ask if you want to use.
Unless otherwise marked, I am the author of the pictures.
- Pros:So quiet ! Kind people;
- Cons:"Dry" country (despite water! )
- In a nutshell:Not only the Sultan! not only petroleum! picturesque
This is a tree nursery in the forest; the young trees are kept in shade as they would if growing naturally; the young... more travel advice
Iban tourist trap The Iban were formerly head hunters, and they are still hunters. Here is a photograph of a lace trap... more travel advice
kokoryko's Related Pages
Brunei Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bandar Seri Begawan"
- "Jalan jalan at Brunei Darussalam"
- "Oil Kingdom of Brunei"
- "Brunei Darussalam"
- "A land of Contrasts"
- "Brunei – the country that Oil built"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brunei
- Hotels in Brunei
- Transportation in Brunei
- Nightlife in Brunei
- Restaurants in Brunei
- Shopping in Brunei
- Warnings and Dangers in Brunei
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brunei
- 40 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Brunei?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brunei
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pau Intro, 83 reviews, 427 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 344 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 68 reviews, 340 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 69 reviews, 315 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 48 reviews, 306 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 40 reviews, 227 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 43 reviews, 195 photos
- Monts du Forez Intro, 39 reviews, 199 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi Intro, 43 reviews, 194 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corsica Intro, 41 reviews, 192 photos, 1 travelogue