"Bandar Seri Begawan" Top 5 Page for this destination Brunei by kokoryko

Brunei Travel Guide: 909 reviews and 3,654 photos

Brunei shortly

This tiny country is more known for the wealth of its ruler or its hydrocarbon resources rather than for its tourist attractions.
However, some interesting natural and cultural features are of interest in the capital city, Bandar Seri Begawan, in the villages around and in the countryside. My Brunei page is short and I give some tips related with what I experienced here, during a business stay.
Brunei counts about 400000 citizens, of which 80% are from Malay ascent (bumiputera, children of the land), 10% of Chinese ascent, 5% Indo-Pakistanis and 5% other, including the real children of land here, I mean he Dayak, aboriginal inhabitants of Borneo.
A big number of migrant workers have to be added to these figures, most of them from SE Asia (Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, etc), and a few European-North American. The country is surrounded by Malaysia, hilly in the inland, with a narrow coastal plain bordered by the South China Sea. For more geographic information, any guide or atlas will complete these shortly given facts.
Here above is an example of the wealth of this tiny country (or it's Sultan).

general view

Bandar is small and, quickly , when walking you get in forest tracks on hills where from you can enjoy nice views.
Mosquees are the landmarks there.

Water !

Travelling on water for the everyday life is a nice way of living ! No?

I recently found one of my pictures somewhere on the web where it has nothing to do.
It arrived there without permission.
My pictures are far from being works of art, but be kind and ask if you want to use.
Unless otherwise marked, I am the author of the pictures.

• Pros:So quiet ! Kind people;
  • Cons:"Dry" country (despite water! )
  • In a nutshell:Not only the Sultan! not only petroleum! picturesque
  • Last visit to Brunei: Mar 2006
  • Intro Updated Jan 19, 2007

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2011 at 2:16 AM

Hermann, you have managed to pay a visit there! Good for you!~

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2011 at 1:02 AM

A very interesting page with beautiful pictures - thank you!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2009 at 1:27 PM

That must be a special experience to walk in the primary forest! I love your market pictures! Sweet lentil soup, aromatised with durian! I would like to taste that! A very informative page!

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2009 at 6:10 PM

I enjoyed reading this page, Hermann. The waterfall and forest are really pretty. And those mosques- VERY impressive, in keeping with the style of the Sultan! Great pictures. I will return here anon to finish my tour.

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2007 at 2:33 PM

Yep - the Sultan is known for having bought and sold a good portion of Beverly and cruising about in his exotic cars with the license plate "Sultan." Ciao, Carol Ohhh, I did find Pleny the Elder.....

• youssef09's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2007 at 7:36 AM

wowwwwwww, where's that great place , is it a dream? warm greetings from so so far , algiers

• white_smallstar's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2007 at 1:59 AM

This is art and this is one of my favourite pictures!!!! Très bien. **NICO(LE)**

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2006 at 5:22 PM

great tips!

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2006 at 12:46 PM

precious tips... i'll be going in december for a few days. merci

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2006 at 3:54 PM

Excellent look at Brunei. Got a lot recorded for a business trip! I have only been to the airport there - 12 hours to offload cargo and fuel a 747 - then wake up the crew - who also liked the Sheraton.

kokoryko

“Il me plait de courir sans but et sans raison . . . .”

Badges & Stats in Brunei