"A few quiet days in Tbilisi" Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi by kokoryko
T'bilisi Travel Guide: 480 reviews and 1,505 photos
The capital of Georgia is a city with multiple faces; the old city near the banks of the Kura, one of the streams flowing down the Caucasus, the modern and lively city bordering Rustaveli Avenue, the suburbs with their high buildings; many faces in this city.
The city is changing, renovating, beautifying, making herself more attractive, and the visitor gets charmed, has difficulty to move away, wants to discover more and more. . . . .
The old churches of Tbilisi give her a very special charm, and discovering them at the turn of a small street or in an abandoned garden is a real pleasure for the one who likes to walk off beaten paths and discover hidden treasures here and there.
Despite the distance and some shyness the barrier of languages can erect, people of Tbilisi are very welcoming, help the lost traveller, and their smiles give a relaxed atmosphere to the city.
Tbilisi is a very old city and has known lots of revolutions and changes during history, and one can find traces of the past a bit everywhere in the city and can learn a lot in the museums.
You will find the following tips written by a random wanderer, a walker, a person who leaves the main routes and engages in the small paths.
Tbilisi is a very safe place, and the only dangers here are the traffic (like in many places), the vodka and the smiles of the girls; they can be avoided or appreciated, just a personal choice.
- In a nutshell:You always have something to discover here.
Ananuri If you go to the High Caucasus you very probably will pass by Ananuri, and its fortified monastery. Ananuri has... more travel advice
Davit Cinascar Metkveli is a tiny little church located on the cliff above the Kura, in the lower area of Avlabari... more travel advice
kokoryko's Related Pages
T'bilisi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A few quiet days in Tbilisi"
- "Tbilisi -- City that Gets Better Every Day"
- "Tbilisi, Georgia"
- "where east meets west"
- "around the old town"
- "charmed by Tbilisi...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in T'bilisi
- Hotels in T'bilisi
- Transportation in T'bilisi
- Nightlife in T'bilisi
- Restaurants in T'bilisi
- Shopping in T'bilisi
- Warnings and Dangers in T'bilisi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in T'bilisi
- 43 Reviews
- 194 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to T'bilisi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in T'bilisi
Photos in T'bilisiSee All Photos (194)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pau Intro, 83 reviews, 427 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 344 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 68 reviews, 340 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 69 reviews, 315 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 48 reviews, 306 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 40 reviews, 227 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 43 reviews, 195 photos
- Monts du Forez Intro, 39 reviews, 199 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi Intro, 43 reviews, 194 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corsica Intro, 41 reviews, 192 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (38)
Latest T'bilisi hotel reviews
- Courtyard by Marriott Tbilisi
- 121 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Hotel Varazi
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 25, 2013
- Georgian House
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 12, 2013
- Hotel Primavera
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 13, 2013
- Sheraton Metechi Palace Hotel
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Hotel Kopala
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Bazaleti Palace
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 26, 2013
- Hotel Villa Mtiebi
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013