Pau Transportation Tips by kokoryko Top 5 Page for this destination
Pau Transportation: 6 reviews and 11 photos
Pau is located in the South west corner of France, 700 km from Paris. Driving to Pau from Paris is quite long and one may have to consider air transport or train.
Pau airport is a rather small one; it has 10daily Air France flights to Paris (Orly and Roissy) and 3 daily flights to Lyon.
Many British and North European have more and more Bearn as destination very often to look for country houses, mild winters, and low cost companies operate on the Pau airport.
Transavia has 4 flights a week from Amsterdam and Ryan has a daily flight from London.
The local chamber of commerce and industry actively promotes the development of the airport. Check the website for companies and schedules.
Important serious tip: when checking in for a Pau-bound flight, make sure you get a seat on the left side: when approaching and landing (well, with fine weather) you will have a wonderful view over the Pyrenees.
Look at the snow-capped mountains in the background on the Pau airport picture.
And arriving at sun set is not bad as well; picture is not good, but gives an idea of what can be expected.
Travelling by train is now a good option with the TGV (Train à Grande Vitesse) which is a very good means to get to Aquitaine from Paris (Bordeaux is at 3 hours from Paris, Pau 5 hours).
More Reviews (82)
- See All You cannot go out without your...
- See All No, no, nothing about drugs. . .
- See All Cauterets.
- See All Lucq de Bearn is also a very nice...
kokoryko's Related Pages
Pau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Pyrénées, Henri IV, the city: all this is Pau!"
- "Capital de Béarn"
- "A Quiet City Now A University Town"
- "Pau ~ as in 'Go'"
- "Lakes on a day hike near the Pic du Midi d’Ossau"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pau
- Hotels in Pau
- Transportation in Pau
- Nightlife in Pau
- Restaurants in Pau
- Shopping in Pau
- Warnings and Dangers in Pau
- See All...
Explore the World
- Porto Santo Stefano Hotels
- Whitehouse Hotels
- Zushi Hotels
- Cilipi Hotels
- Horbat Mamshit
Badges & Stats in Pau
- 83 Reviews
- 427 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Pau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pau
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pau Intro, 83 reviews, 427 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 344 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 68 reviews, 340 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 69 reviews, 315 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 48 reviews, 306 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 40 reviews, 227 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 43 reviews, 195 photos
- Monts du Forez Intro, 39 reviews, 199 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi Intro, 43 reviews, 194 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corsica Intro, 41 reviews, 192 photos, 1 travelogue