Pau Warnings Or Dangers Tips by kokoryko Top 5 Page for this destination
Pau Warnings and Dangers: 2 reviews and 6 photos
Ah, not a really original warning and danger tip, like the previous one, but, it is not bad to remind all of us that there are rules and if we do not like to follow rules (it is my case, specially the ones involving police. . . hahaha), we may put us in . . . . well not danger but some unpleasant trouble. In Pau there are 2 sorts of police:
the one from the municipality, they have a dull blue grey uniform, and usually take care at school entrances for the children, for some official meetings, and they take care of chargeable parking lotswhich are quite expensive and are only available for a limited time as you can see on the picture (very few free parking places are left in Pau except the Place Verdun, located a bit outside north of the old city); bad parking with these people costs between 10 and 25 Euros.
The other police is the Police Nationale which you see operating on the picture: here they “take care” of bad parked cars: you see they are two, so it is difficult to negotiate or whatever: it may cost up to 100 Euros and, they find you back in your country. . . . .
Recommendation: if you are fit, find a parking place at Place de Verdun and walk back to the city centre; otherwise pay your parking fees on the streets or in the park houses, but it can be expensive for a whole day.
The box with plastic bags
Well, it is not a big danger, but something rather unpleasant putting your feet in dog’s sh*t! This happens quite often, specially if you are a tourist (or a dreamer like me !), looking around, having the eyes caught by a building, some nice or funny looking person, or a flower, and suddenly Sh******t!, you slip over one of those leftovers! GRRRR, despite the municipality has installed lots of those boxes (main picture), containing plastic bags for the dogs-owners to “take care” of what the dogs may leave behind them, what you see on (picture 2) is quite common in Pau. And the people here do not really educate their pets to go on the streets the do what they need to do sometimes. . . . So, watch out where you put your feet, if you want to avoid bad surprises.
More Reviews (81)
- See All You cannot go out without your...
- See All No, no, nothing about drugs. . .
- See All Cauterets.
- See All Lucq de Bearn is also a very nice...
kokoryko's Related Pages
Pau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Pyrénées, Henri IV, the city: all this is Pau!"
- "Capital de Béarn"
- "A Quiet City Now A University Town"
- "Pau ~ as in 'Go'"
- "Lakes on a day hike near the Pic du Midi d’Ossau"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pau
- Hotels in Pau
- Transportation in Pau
- Nightlife in Pau
- Restaurants in Pau
- Shopping in Pau
- Warnings and Dangers in Pau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pau
- 83 Reviews
- 427 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Pau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pau
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pau Intro, 83 reviews, 427 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 344 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 68 reviews, 340 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 69 reviews, 315 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 48 reviews, 306 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 40 reviews, 227 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 43 reviews, 195 photos
- Monts du Forez Intro, 39 reviews, 199 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi Intro, 43 reviews, 194 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corsica Intro, 41 reviews, 192 photos, 1 travelogue