Jammu Transportation Tips by kokoryko
Jammu Transportation: 2 reviews and 2 photos
My driver for a few hours
When you visit a rather big city without a map, and do not speak the local language, you have to rely on local resources. Where are the things to see? How to get there? I waved to a motor rickshaw and tried to explain the driver I wanted to see a few things in Jammu. I probably was lucky, the guy at least understood I wanted to see a few temples, the fort, etc. . . . We agreed for a price and time, and he drove me through the city, stopping when I asked, and stopping at the places he considered of interest: symbiosis! He did not speak English, but at least he told me the names of a few places. So we visited Jammu during three hours, in late afternoon and beginning of night. Added to this there is some fun, sitting in a rickshaw, smelling the petrol, being rocked on the humpy streets, trying to speak with the driver. . . .
The proud driver, at the end of our tour is on the first picture; the rickshaws have curtains, if you are in need of privacy. . . . (picture 2)
Five dollars for three hours.
More Reviews (18)
kokoryko's Related Pages
Jammu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jammu: not touristy, but interesting. . . .really!"
- "Jammu-Paradise on Earth"
- "Where people of different faiths co exist in peace"
- "four hours in jammu..."
- "Jammu, the winter capital of Indian Kashmir"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jammu
- Hotels in Jammu
- Transportation in Jammu
- Restaurants in Jammu
- Shopping in Jammu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jammu
- 19 Reviews
- 87 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Jammu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jammu
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: What's this with tips being..."
- Commented on one of kokoryko's Jammu travel pages
- updated a Jammu Travel Page "Jammu: not touristy, but interesting. . . .really!"
- Wrote a Review Motor rickshaw is the best! in Jammu Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Motor rickshaw is the best!"
Photos in JammuSee All Photos (87)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pau Intro, 83 reviews, 427 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 344 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 68 reviews, 340 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 69 reviews, 315 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 48 reviews, 306 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 40 reviews, 227 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 43 reviews, 195 photos
- Monts du Forez Intro, 39 reviews, 199 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi Intro, 43 reviews, 194 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corsica Intro, 41 reviews, 192 photos, 1 travelogue