"Fort Stockton" Fort Stockton by AnnamariaC.
Fort Stockton Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 79 photos
Fort Stockton is a historic West Texas small town 65 miles from Alpine , near the Davis Mountains.
Fort Stockton was established in 1858 and was named for Commoder Robert Field Stockton.This post was very important at that time because it was near the Comanche Trail, and protected the travelers and the ranchers from the Indians.
Today is famous also for the huge statue of Paisano Pete, the largest Road Runner of the world.
Paisano is 11 feet tall and 22 feet long.
- Pros:quaint western town
- Cons:cant find anything wrong
- In a nutshell:The road runner is my Alma Mater mascot symbol
AnnamariaC.'s Related Pages
Fort Stockton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Fort Stockton Page"
- "Texas's Gateway to the West!"
- "WFTR's new Fort Stockton Page"
- "10eke's new Fort Stockton Page"
- "Fort Stockton"
- "P.O.S. Rally"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fort Stockton
- Hotels in Fort Stockton
- Restaurants in Fort Stockton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fort Stockton
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Fort Stockton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Stockton
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Monaco Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vernazza Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portofino Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Venice Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Méjannes-le-Clap Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Corniglia Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Milan Intro, 3 photos
- Taipei Intro, 3 photos